( CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO. )

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

・・・・・・・・・・・・

SHE WOULD SOMETIMES DREAM OF HER PAST LIFE, their home was picturesque. A red front door with a golden knocker. Black andwhite checkered flooring. A wooden staircase with a lacquer shine and asparkling chandelier. She would then get flashes of golden locks flying everywhere, and gentle chocolate eyes that pierced her soul. She would often hear the scream ⎯ and then she would wake up. 

Those were the nights Giselle Moreau remembered because they made her human. 

And tonight was no different. 

She woke up to the familiar scream that haunted her childhood. She never met them ⎯ her parents. She grew up listening to stories told by Celeste. So she kept them a secret, they were her secret. Even their names, were not spoken. Her parents were the only secret Celeste took to her grave.

She closed her eyes tightly, and remembered every tone of a song that reminded her of home. 

"O Nuit! Viens apporter à la terre

Le calme enchantement de ton mystère.

L'ombre qui t'escorte est si douce,

Si doux est le concert de tes voix chantant l'espérance,

Si grand est ton pouvoir transformant tout en rêve heureux.

Her heart ached tightly in her chest. 

"That's a very beautiful song," a voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She opened her eyes only to meet Silas' dark piercing gaze. 

"It reminds me of what was once my home," she confessed, abandoning the sheets that clung to her body. 

He opens the door wider, his brown eyes staring her down. "Do you miss it?" 

Her gaze turns ice cold in a second, and the walls she once built were harder than before. "I've never been to my home." 

Silas shifted slightly, taking in consideration the change of tone. He watched as she got up from her bed and gave him a glare. 

"I'll be down in a minute." 

He didn't need to argue with her, he knew that the moment was over and that he ruined it. He ruined her moment where she reunited with her long lost home. 

Silence fell like a hammer. Or maybe an ax once she joined the room. She could sense the tension building ⎯ with Billy sitting on a couch farther than the rest. Marcel who had a lollipop hanging between his rosy lips and a laptop between his thighs. Silas who was sitting on another couch, exchanging looks with Billy who seemed pretty annoyed to be woken at this time of the morning.