●Compassion●

DAMIEN

Everyone one thought it would be a great idea to go to some frat party, I honestly couldn't care less. So I decided to start the party early. I picked up a bottle of whisky I had hidden and started drinking, out in the garden. I took just enough to still know what I'm doing but also enough to be buzzed.

I went back inside just in time and I saw the girls coming down the stairs. My eyes immediately landed on her, the girl I can't figure out what exactly I felt towards.

Seylah wore a short gold dress that made her look amazing but part of me didn't want her going out in that. I don't want other guys eyeballing her. When she noticed I was staring I decided to look elsewhere. 

My eyes landed on Victoria. She wore a red dress, she looked good but not as good as Seylah did.

My eyes went back to Seylah and I watched her as she walked towards me and took my hand in hers. "How do I look Satan?" She asked getting in front of me so I could get a better look.

I got closer to her until my lips were next to her ear and whispered "You look like a whore". I felt her expression change and honestly I had no reason to say that, maybe I thought it would make her change into something else.

She let go of my hand and was about to walk away when she stopped and stretched up to my ear and said " A whore? But your dad seems to be quite fond of me. Or is that just his type". I couldn't even get mad at what she said because I knew I was wrong.

When we arrived at the party everyone started to disband and I was left with Victoria and Seylah. I took Victoria with me and went to the backyard.

We sat on two lawn chairs and started talking.

"I know I haven't been the best guy to be around lately but I honestly miss our little conversations and just how easy it was to just sit and talk". I said

"I won't lie to you Damien I miss those moments too but the whole thing with you and Seylah it's really complicated.  She's my friend and you're the guy..I...I ". She paused and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Why can't we go back to the way we were?" I asked but she didn't answer so I continued talking "you have no answer so there's no reason. Let's go back please".

She smiled and nodded her head. I got up and gave her a hug. From where I was I saw Seylah and a tall blonde guy talking in the kitchen, fucking glass walls. They seemed friendly. Part of me didn't give a fuck but the other part wanted it to be me making her laugh and smile. I was honestly going crazy and I decided to just focus on Victoria.

I sat back down and she started talking about so many things and then I just asked. "Should we make it official?"  "Make what official?". She responded. "Us" I replied. "But what about Seylah?" She asked. "Seylah is irrelevant, I can't stand her ". Deep down I knew that was a lie and deep down I also knew I was asking Victoria to be my girlfriend for the wrong reasons.

"Damien I...I..". I interrupted her. "Just think it through I'm willing to wait". She nodded.

I took her hand in mine then suddenly I started hearing police sirens. The colour drained completely from Victoria's face.

"Oh my God my mum is going to kill me . I can't get arrested. I'm too young for this". She started blabbering.

"Shut up and follow me". I said as I led us to the fence and helped her jump over to the neiggbourimg house. I jumped after her and we snuck out and found my car.