Chapter 4

I wake up the same way as yesterday, but this time with a blanket wrapped around me. It did help me not get as cold, but I still felt freezing cold last night. Then, all of the sudden, in the middle of the night, my back started hurting a lot from where I was leaning against the wall, and I got extremely hot.

I just moved over to my side, but kept the blanket around me in case I was getting hypothermia, and thought I was so hot because of that.

"Do you usually sleep so late? It's nearly noon, so I suspected you would be up. Especially since I came to check on you later last night and do a bit of midnight night questioning and you were already asleep. And, you've been awake earlier the past two days," He remarks coming in the cell, slightly frowning when he sees that I didn't finish the rest of the food and water.

I, however, am surprised by the news that I slept so late. I didn't think that I usually did that. Not sleeping for three days is more likely than sleeping past six. So how I've slept all day, for nearly two days, and I still don't feel well rested is beyond me.

Maybe you can't think of an answer because of your pounding headache. Yes, I'm sure there's a logical explanation for it, but you just can't think of it because of that.

He clears his throat, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Um, no. I don't usually sleep that much," I answer, my mind still feeling foggy. It's probably because I just woke up from so much sleep.

"And I'm assuming that the reason you didn't finish the rest of your food is that you don't eat that much?" He says, his tone ice cold.

"No, I do have healthier eating habits than that. I just wasn't..." I trail off as I realize what I was about to tell him, and how bad of an idea that would be.

"You weren't sure when we would feed you next, or how often we would do so." He finishes, looking at me, and it's his turn to look confused as if he doesn't know why I would think such a thing.

"A lot of our men have been where you were. Actually, I can think of a point in time where every single person on our crew has been worrying about it. We will be giving you food and water everyday. How much and the quality all depends on how much information you have been giving me, how useful it is, and how quickly you give it up," He says completely seriously, and I feel frustrated.

Just yesterday, he threatened to not feed me, and now he's saying that I will get enough food to survive everyday. Mixed messages, and I am not sure which is true. Most likely his first one, since that would seem the most true considering everything I have done to him even though I didn't mean to. That was also his first reaction to the only true human emotion, anger.

I nod to show that I understand, and to make sure he doesn't get mad, but he simply blinks at me. "Now, you'll finish the food from yesterday, then we'll start this session. And I'd suggest you hurry, since we have some questions to get through today, and both of us have to be somewhere soon."

I get up, and have to breathe heavily because of how lightheaded I am. My world is spinning like crazy.

"And this is what happens when you don't eat all your food," Miguel says in this confident tone, and I want to kill him because of it. He doesn't know everything about me, and even if he is most likely correct about it, though it could be because of the beating since blood loss can cause this too, and I don't want to hear about it. Especially when I had many reasons not to do it, one of the main ones being that I don't trust anyone.

After all, Rule 1: Trust no one, not even yourself.

I walk, more like stumble but because of how bad everything's been going let's give it to me, over from the corner of the room that I was sleeping in, to the center of the room, where the food is at, and try to gracefully sit down, though it's more like I collapse to the ground.