12&River&Susan.

A/N I haven't seen many episodes with Susan so I apologise if I write her incorrectly.

River and 12th were bored, 24 years on Darillium they had to have days of adventures. They just had too.

They didn't know where they were going, it was random coordinations, a blind adventure.

While River turned off the breaks so the Tardis doesn't make that obnoxious noise she 'hates.' But secretly loves.

They both bicker as they exit the Tardis. They're confused as to why they've landed inside a school?

There are voices ahead, they both head towards the voice. Children laughing, and a very familiar female voice talking.

'Grandfather Swoops down and saves the day.' Is what they hear when the walls bounce the sounds of children 'Woooing'.

'Mrs? Mrs? Did the Doctor make it out alive? Again?' Says a very young voice.

Susan 'Why yes he did Layla. Yes he did. He always does, saves the day, and by the end of it. He's a hero every time. But don't let that fool you.' She chuckles.

'Grandfather has a side that no one shall expect. Not always a hero.' She smiles.

'What do you mean Mrs?' Says another child.

'Well David. Like all hero's they have backgrounds. And with the Doctor he had to go through very sad, sad, sad days to get to where he's going. And he'll always go through a lot, but always be a hero. Within the Stars, within the days and nights to come. But with that, some days he's just an old man that really, really needs someone to look out for him as much as he saves the universe time and time again. Travelling alone would only break him.' She explains.

'Ooooo' says a few children.

'So like Mommy, she's sick. But she always always puts food on our table and now we need to take care of her.' Says a little girl as she begins to tear up.

'Yes Sarah. But your mommy will make it out the other end with your help.' She only had a very, very bad cold. Her mother would be fine.

The little girl goes up and hugs Susan tightly. 'Thank you Mrs.'

"That's very sweet." River smiles warmly at her grandchild in law. She looks to her husband, he won't admit it but he's crying again. Soft tears run down his eyes.

"Hay-fever." The Doctor lies. He turns around and begins to walk back to the Tardis River turns.

"It always was Hay-Fever." Comes a soft voice.

River turns around and smiles sadly yet warmly at Susan. The Doctor slowly turns.

"You know me..." The Doctor begins.

"Earth is full of Allergies.." he and Susan say at the same time.

Susan walks up to the Doctor, she hugs him tightly. He allows the hug, feeling a warmth spread across his hearts but a sadness boils deep within.

"I've missed you Grandfather. New face?" She looks up at him. "You've gotten more grey." She jokes.

"I told him to do those roots." River chuckles and the Doctor gives her a well known glare.

Once Susan is finished hugging the Doctor she hugs River. "I've missed you too River." She says.

River looks down at the girl hugging her, she's never met her before. She squints her eyes up at the Doctor. But a small chuckle appears from the woman hugging her. "Spoilers." She says in a River like tone.

Both the Doctor and River chuckle at this.

A young boy appears beside them, "Mrs? Jordan has swallowed a crayon." He rushes back in. They all follow.

Once they entered the class the children laugh. The boy has not swallowed a crayon as such but gotten one all over the desk, paper and all over himself. Tardis blue the colour is.

They chuckle as the boy turns. "Do you think the Doctor would like this?" It's a drawing of the Tardis, more of a few blobs but they could all understand. "It's the Tardis Mrs." he says, smiling warmly.

The Doctor walks over to the boy and leans down. He smiles. "I love it." The children Gasp!

Susan has a small hand tugging at her jumper. "Is that really him?" The little boy says loudly.

"Yes." Susan replies ruffing up his hair.

Susan looks over at the Doctor and River.

"Grandfather? River?" They turn to her. "Meet Luca, your great grandson." She smiles and the boy looks at them excitedly like the rest of the class.

The Doctor goes over to the boy. He looks down. "Hello." He greets and looks back at River. The emotions are becoming too much.

"It's okay." Susan says.
"I know you'll both be back soon." She chuckles. She gives the Doctor the go ahead to leave if he wants.

But to her surprise he doesn't. They stay and tell the class more stories this time from both Susan and the Doctors' sides of things.

There was often an 'no you didn't.' From Susan as the Doctor exaggerates a few details.

The Doctor briefly gets to know his great grandson a little. Before he and River have to head back to Darillium.