drie.

HAZARD,
❨ iii. the piano ❩

╔══════════╗

╚══════════╝

          DARYL AND MARLEY grunted as the roamer pushed harder on the door. It hit the door with its own head, its shoulders, arms, everything. It was adamant to get in and either the dancer or the hunter were giving in... but the dancer was close.

          The locks on the door were busted from the unknown person breaking in, so that was not one of their options. It probably wouldn't have worked anyway. The sheer weight that he had to uphold at that moment was enough for someone's bones to break, but luckily there was two of them.

          "What do we do?" Marley whispered in a panicked tone. Her fingers shook and her nails tapped against the door as the base of her palms pressed forcefully. She looked to the man beside her, her green eyes burning with fear.

          Another thud came from outside, followed by even more. There was now more than one. They were ganging up on them.

          Marley's chest shuddered, as she was on the verge of panicking, but still kept her face looking at Daryl.

          He looked down to her. "Do we have access to the roof?" he asked quietly in a hoarse voice.

          She nodded, looking to her apartment over her shoulder. She didn't get to look at it much, though, as the weight got heavier and heavier.

          "Find something to hold the door," he ordered, more desperate now. He turned from holding it with his hands to holding it with his back.

          "I can't move... it's too heavy," Marley said, alarmed and scared. She now pressed the side of her face to the door, her cheek lips contorting with how she placed her face. "You can't take it."

          "Dammit, girl! I can!" he all but nearly shouted. She cowered away from him, bringing her shoulders tense, and her hands reaching up to her face.

          "Get something, now!" he ordered again, his voice getting louder despite recognising the look on her face from experience.

          It was that face he knew so well, and it made him question who she was. The expression held betrayal whilst being laced with fear. That certain mixture meant something more to him.

          She backed away from the door quickly, wanting to get away from him. She paused for a moment and stuck her lip out, on the verge of a bigger surge of panic than before.