vier.

HAZARD,
❨ iv. the suited man ❩

╔══════════╗

╚══════════╝

          "THANKS," SHE HUFFED sarcastically, getting up from the ground and wiping down the back of her pants. Her knuckles stung as she grazed them against the fabric. Tiny, toothpick like cuts were scattered across them, and she brought them to her lips, sucking on them and hoping to ease away the annoying pain.

          Daryl's impatience played at him too much for him to care about catching the girl, and instead, his curiosity about the voice from far away was much more important. He paced on the spot, his fingers playing with the metal on the gun, and his elbows twitching slightly, constantly readjusting the weapon.

          When she finally stopped wiping herself down, he bolted towards the sounds. Marley struggled to keep up with his eager pace and was panicking slightly as she had no arm to hold onto. Her thighs burned from being fallen on.

          When Daryl came to then being able to see his uncle's car, his uncle was nowhere to be seen. Instead, a tall man wearing a suit with petrol canister in his hands, pouring the liquid into the car.

          The redneck's grip tightened on the shotgun in his grasp, he slowed his steps, mimicking what it would be like to hunt an animal in the woods. Slow, steady, even steps.

          The unknowing stranger still hadn't noticed him, shaking the canister to get every last drop down. The man's suit was torn at the edges but still kept its sharp look. His hair was still slicked back and parted evenly.

          Put Daryl and that man next to each other, and going by appearance... they were two totally different people. And that was true, Daryl didn't have a clue as to how different that man was to him.

          He heard light footsteps and knew that Marley had caught up with him and was now gripping the fabric on the side of his shirt. He wanted to flinch away and tell her to get off, that he was busy protecting her, but he decided against that. He pushed down every unfortunately reflex he had learned from childhood just to be accommodating to this girl he hardly knew. And he hardly knew why.

          Marley's gaze followed his, taking in the stranger's appearance. But to her, he was not a stranger. She knew him very well... a little too well for anyone's liking.

          She released the grip on Daryl, going forward more quickly, taking the lead in front of him.

          She was more afraid of the man yet less cautious than Daryl. The man, now behind her, squinted his eyes at her odd behaviour. He reluctantly followed in her footsteps.