credits.

HAZARD.

an ending note .

WRITTEN BY
     dewitts / sylar

COVER BY
     dewitts / sylar

SPECIAL THANKS
     to tacodixon , thirdwheelchurchill
     92ABRAXAS , verteau , carolferris
     starfragment , nectophiliac,
     poseybility, dubrevh, allisonsargent,
     joaeys & ainsworthy

AUTHOR'S NOTE

     important ; do not delete this book from your library until editing is completed !!

     thank you, everyone, for supporting and sticking with this really long book.

     you could have left when people started hating marley.

     but you didn't, and i truly thank you for that.

     Thank you for the people who struck inspiration in me. To the people who came up with crazy theories about marley's brother being jesus, about Shane visiting the castle, about Hershel somehow knowing Marley. To the people who made edits, lockscreens, and manips. To the people who helped me through writers block, when I had creative baggage, and people who told me to keep going when I was truly insecure about this book.

     To the people who listened to me talk about how much i love Marley, and how much i loved Darley.

     To the people who were there before I had this many followers.

     To the people who vote and comment how worried they are for Marley.

     The people who take time out of their day to read this book.

     I would love love love for some sweet ass long reviews in the comment section because I will drink those up and feel important.

     I never thought I would put this much emotion into one of my own works. I never thought I would write these many words for such a beautiful character - and I'm honestly so proud of myself.

      For this being my first real book, it took heights I never thought of seeing.

     Marley came from a thirst for fanfiction that was different. She started off as an idea to make an extremely fragile girl fall in love with Daryl Dixon. Her original name was Marie and she was only going to be this ex-stripper with an asshole boyfriend (who only survives a single chapter) , who is clingy to the person who saved her life.

     And then her name changed to Marley.

     Marley Van Allen.

     Named after a little girl, from another apocalypse world, with the surname inspired by Victor Von Doom.

     She turned from a blank and one-faced character, to a girl who didn't want the world to hurt her anymore. Into someone who wasn't going to let anyone hurt her anymore.

     She came from the small idea of them meeting this fragile girl in a shack, by sheer and ridiculous coincidence.

     I never thought I would ever make Marley Van Allen. A twenty year old with a penance for anger, and hatred, and dark thoughts because I realized people forgot the world was cruel even before then apocalypse happened. A girl who was selectively loyal, obsessive, brave, scared, closed off, fragile, strong and so angry.

     Marley would become a reminder that all kind people have a breaking point. She would be a reminder of what some things can do to people. What all these happenings make a person like.

     And in the end, she never wanted to hurt anyone.

     I have to say, I fell in love with Marley Van Allen. Because despite all the horror she lays in her path she was just trying to be stronger, to be good at something.

     Marley Van Allen lost her parents and then she could never get herself back. She was put through hell, strung out, turned into a cocoon of glass. And she turned into a girl who realised how crappy she had been treated, and decided to take all she could onto her own shoulders, even though she could never handle it.

     I never planned on Daryl being absent from her for chapters on end.

     Or for his perspective of her to be so sweet and glowing.

     What I'm trying to say is, I never planned for any of this to happen - when I wrote the words "the way she worked" for the first time - I didn't mean for her to be this way.

     And I'm sorry.

     I'm sorry, Marley, for putting you through this.

     I'm sorry for making your ex-boyfriend haunt your every step.

     I'm sorry for making you so fragile when you needed to be strong.

     I'm sorry for making you scared of yourself.

     I'm sorry for making you sick and injured.

     I'm sorry for shattering you.

     I'm so sorry, Marley.

     I hope you forgive me.

     Please, Marley, forgive me despite how horrible I have treated you.

     Please don't be scared anymore.

     Please don't be shattered anymore, or worried, or sick.

     Please be okay for me, Marley.

     Because I am so, goddamn, fucking sorry.

     sincerely, and sorry

           sylar.

━━━━━━━━━━