A Sorrowful Earth Sings

His ears still rang from the sound of the explosion. He stayed where he was unmoving with his eyes closed so as not to draw attention to himself, but he already knew. If his enemy truly wanted to end him right then and there, they could easily do so by using his magical energy to locate him. He could not recall the last time he had gotten in contact with Chaldea. The singularity was running rampant with everything going wrong with every turn he had taken over the past few days.

        He had simply taken a rest in the comfort of his own room back in Chaldea's headquarters only to wake up in an unfamiliar place. An entirety modernized city had been torn down and ransacked by a group of servants who found it fun to commit the numerous atrocities that they were responsible for.

        "It's just a dream," he lied to himself. "It's all just a screwed up dream, and I'll wake up back in my room. Nobu will be there when I get back. Everything will be fine."

        He had arrived in this mysterious singularity without his faithful servant or even a way to summon her to him. Although his command seals were still active, he had to work with the servants already present in this chaos in order to survive. All of them had been wiped out upon reaching the servant in charge of this singularity.

        The sounds of battle grew louder in his ears. He didn't know who or what was fighting anymore, but the sound of gunfire reminded him so much of Nobu that it hurt. He was injured. His shoulder bled down his arm, and his energy was completely spent. Hiding was all he could do now.

        A sound coming from ahead of him had his eyes snapping open out of fear. Tears welled up into his eyes upon seeing the familiar colors complementing one another. She was here. Right in front of him was Nobu quickly approaching him with concern written all over her features.

        "(Y/n)," she whispered, taking a gentle hold of his face with her hands. "You need to wake up," she said to him. Her words stated him. Was he hallucinating? Was the warmth in her gloved hands not real? Was the sound of her voice just a replay from his memories? "Wake up, (y/n). None of this is real. If you stay here any longer you could end up..." her words were lost in the sound of another explosion close enough to be heard but far enough not to cause them any harm.

        "I don't know how," he decided to say choosing to believe that she was real. He hadn't made her up. He couldn't ever purposefully give her that worried expression. The desperation in her eyes was something he had truly never seen before. "She still has the grail. All of the other servants couldn't stop her. I-" his own voice failed him as he began to panic.

        "There's a grail involved?" Her eyes widened in realization. Her gaze trailed down to his hand. "You still have one command seal left."

        "That's not an option," he growled. There was but one thing that a command seal could do for a servant. The effects were only helpful in battle. "I'm not sending you out there to fight that."

        "You aren't. I'm going to send myself." Her expression softened. "Trust me. When have I ever let you down."

        He used his uninjured arm to pull her towards him. "I'm not losing you. If your spirit core gets destroyed, you'll disappear. Even if I summoned you again, you wouldn't be you," he tried to reason with her.

        "I'm not going to lose." She pulled out of his hold and took her hat off. "Hold on to this form me until I get back." It dropped into his lap. "I just need to get the grail, right?" She took his hand, the one containing his last seal, and placed it against her forehead. "I could shoot a lot faster if I got some of your help."

        What other choice did he have? If he denied her, it would eat away at his concious. "Five minutes. That's all you need right?" The command seal flashed red and disappeared.

        "Three. No more than three." Nobu grinned and turned back the way she had came from. He watched her hair disappear from sight along with the rest of her.

        Two minutes passed. The sound of her shotguns had not ceased. Six minutes flew by quickly. Nothing had changed other than (y/n)'s state of health. He felt his eyes closing on him. Time passed. He found himself on his side unable to get up. Nobu's hat was clutched rightly in his hand, but a golden light had begun to rise from it. The fabric began to lose shape, turning into dust against his fingertips.

        "Nobu...?" Against his will, his eyes closed.

        He awoke in Chaldea's infirmary feeling a sense of emptiness. Had he just experienced a bad dream? Why was he in the infirmary to begin with anyway?

        "You're awake!" Mash and Da Vinci we there to greet him. They seemed tired but joyful nevertheless. Did Mash's smile just falter?

        "Why am I here? I was taking a nap in my room." He searched his memories for what could have gotten him there. The last he could recall was speaking with Nobu about their next mission. "Oh, I forgot to give her hat back." He looked around for it already forgetting that he was in the infirmary. "I must have left Nobu's hat in my room. Where is she? She probably wants it back." Why were they looking at him like that?

        "(Y/n), there's something we need to tell you."
____________________________________

Me being sad because I wrote something sad that made me sad. Might make a part two. Until next time you epic readers!