Harmony Across Eras

One of the strange things about knowing random bits of history was that it sometimes came in handy. Sometimes (y/n) would find himself in conversations with his friends that really had no connection to history at all, yet somehow his knowledge of historical events would make him seem like a history genius. It felt nice.

        Moments where he could actually flex such knowledge weren't too rare, but it didn't happen every day. He would just be going about his day, much like he was now, and the need would simply arise.

        The garden he stood in was beautiful, but he was far too used to it to actually care anymore. The different shades of greens from the plethora of plants present were already committed to memory. The plants themselves he knew little to nothing about, but they were nice to look at. That's why when he saw her standing in the garden up ahead on the path that he was taking, (y/n) immediately got curious.

        The first thing (y/n) wondered about this mysterious young woman was the fact that she was wearing a jacket in such warm weather. It's not like he had never seen someone wearing a jacket in the middle of summer, but that didn't make it any less of a strange occurrence. She had to have known it was summertime since she was clearly wearing shorts. Well actually, anyone capable of feeling heat could tell it was summer.

        "Are you here to find people to stare at instead of the garden?"

        Her question snapped him from his thoughts. Wait, when had he even walked up to her?

        "I'm sorry? What'd you say?"

        Ah yes, now he wanted to vanish. This was a bad day to visit the calming plants who could never talk back or criticize him.

        "I said, why are you staring? Aren't you going to say hello?"

         "Hey. I didn't mean to stare. I was just walking. Don't mind me." (Y/n) immediately turns away and walks back the way he had come from.

        "Where are you going? The path heads that way." There was a hint of amusement in her tone as she slowly walked after him.

        "Yeah, I know. I was just walking." Crap, he'd already said that. The way his own thoughts began to tear into him didn't help his mood either. With a sigh, he stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder at the jacket wearing girl. "Is there a reason you're following me?"

        Without hesitation, she smiles and nods. "You forgot to introduce yourself."

        "I'm sorry, what?"

         "You sure do apologize a lot, don't you?"

        (Y/n) quickly shakes his head at her. "No, that isn't what I meant. You just asked me to introduce myself?"

        And there was that smile again. It had him wondering what she was thinking about.

        "I didn't ask. Wasn't a request. You can call me Nobu by the way." She held her hand out to him. For a moment he just stared at her hand. People actually still shook hands these days. "Well?"

        "I'm (y/n)." He didn't see any harm in shaking her hand, so he did. "Your name kind of sounds familiar."

        Nobu frowned, confusion crossing her features. Some of her hair fell into her eyes, bring (y/n)'s attention to how long it really was. "Familiar how? You've met someone with a name like mine before?"

        "Well no, but it sounds strangely familiar. Uh, I think it was that one person from Japan? Yeah, his name was Nobunaga Oda." He felt a smile trying to form from his succesful recollection, but he tried to keep his expression as neutral as possible.

        "Well aren't you odd. Not very many people would get that right so quickly. How'd you know?"

         (Y/n) had to stop himself from saying 'I'm sorry' again. "How'd I know what? Are you named after him or something?" It would be super weird if she was, but he didn't tell her that.

        Nobu let out a snort akin to a laugh. "Something like that, yeah. What do you know about the guy anyway?" She stared to walk back in the opposite direction, following the path back into the garden. Without thinking much about it, (y/n) followed.

        "I really don't know that much. He's some daimyo that was important in helping establish peace in Japan. But don't quote me on that..." He lets out a brief laugh, and he could have sworn he saw Nobu grin as she briefly glanced back at him. "Why are you named after him anyway? Did your parents really like the guy that much?"

         "Who wouldn't like the me? Would be cool if someone did actually name their kid Nobu in my honor though. I wonder if anyone actually did." She turned around to face him with a grin that he could fully see as she began to walk backwards. "Who am I kidding? Of course someone did! I'm too awesome for them not to."

        (Y/n) got a pretty good laugh out of that one. "You're funny."

        "Funny? Hmph, you'd name your kid Nobu too if you knew how great I am. Tell me more about this Nobunaga person that you know though. I'm curious."

         "Aren't you supposed to be pretending to be him now? Wouldn't you know more than me? Though, I really don't know all that much. I came across the information by chance. It's kind of like that with a lot of random history people." He stops walking when he sees her stop. When she steps closer to him with a smile on her face, he unconsciously takes a step back out of nervousness. "What?" He was suddenly very self-conscious about quite a few things in that moment. Like how gorgeous Nobu was and how he had definitely remembered to put on deodorant that morning.

        "Who else do you know about from Japan? Okita? Tomoe? Daoka? Uh well, you wouldn't know him by that name though." The amusement in her eyes had been replaced with a burning curiosity. He suddenly felt like he wanted to tell her as much as he knew, and he did just that.

        The two of them walked the garden as (y/n) gave her what little information he knew. Nobu corrected him on the things she claimed were wrong, and the two of them had quite a few laughs. None of that, however, prepared (y/n) for the reveal that Nobu had not been joking about being Nobunaga Oda, but that's a story to save for another day in the garden.
____________________________________

I guarantee you Fate fans can answer history questions that the general populous wouldn't know. Anyways, until next time you awesome readers!