Classic Pt.2

Just a continuation of part one.
____________________________________

        (Y/n) would have never guessed that Nobu would be good at so many games. He had enjoyed last week's visit to the arcade more than usual thanks to meeting her, but this week they were about to meet as enemies. That's right. The showdown to see who the best shooters among them was about to take place, and (y/n) was more than ready.

        "I can't believe you dragged me here to a lazer tag duel," Ritsuka mumbled. "You know I'm not athletic at all."

        "You shouldn't need that in lazer tag. It's just walking around and shooting people with light in the dark." Ritsuka deadpanned at him to which (y/n) only laughed. "Trust me, we'll be fine." They sat in the lobby of the recreational center just outside the lazer tag area. There weren't many people present which meant that they would be able to get plenty of games in.

        (Y/n) knew that Nobu had arrived when he heard that proud laugh of hers. No one else he knew laughed like that. He waved at her and the friend she had brought along when he caught sight of them. "So you showed up afterall!" she said while pointing at them. "I hope you're ready to swear your loyalty to the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven because there's no way I'm gonna lose!"

        The girl she had brought with her lightly bonked the top of Nobu's head with her fist. "Quit making a scene. We're just here to have fun," the blonde girl said.

        "Oi, Okita, just who's side are you on?" Nobu whined. (Y/n) laughed at the interaction. They seemed to be good friends like himself and Ritsuka were.

        (Y/n) looked towards the entrance to the lazer tag area. "I don't know about swearing loyalty, but I'll buy us all lunch if you win," he proposed. Nobu's eyes lit like a flame. "But if I win," (y/n) continued. "You're going to have to buy it instead. Seems fair right? Do we have a deal?"

        "Sounds like you're about to treat me to a feast," Nobu said as she held her hand out to seal the deal with a handshake.

        "Oh? You really are confident, aren't you?" (Y/n) returned the gesture with a smirk.

        Okita and Ritsuka merely watched. They held no particular regards towards winning or losing at the moment. With the terms and conditions set, the group headed over to begin their game. The game overseer explained the rules and gave them access to the large area that could very well have been a maze. Afterall, it was amazing with how certain parts of the layout glowed in the dark. With Nobu and Okita on the purple team against Ritsuka and (y/n) who were on the yellow team, they were all set to go.

        "Alright Ritsuka, let's do this!" (Y/n) gave his friend a light pat on the back before they entered the dark world to find a hiding place. For a couple minutes, all was quiet until the overseer started the beginning announcement. The countdown started. (Y/n) shot Ritsuka a hand signal to let him know that they should go ahead and split up now. Just as the countdown reached one and the word begin was spoken, (y/n) crouched down behind a spray painted crate for cover. He was going to bait Nobu into seeking him out. Based on her personality so far, he guessed that she might be the type to simple go for the first kill.

        How right he was, and (y/n) found out all too quickly when he carefully navigated through the terrain only to hear Ritsuka's distant cry of terror. Sure, Ritsuka was probably just being dramatic, but the sound still startled him. "You had one job, Ritsuka..." (y/n) thought in slight disappointment.

        A sound caught his attention to his right. With a swift forward roll out of his hiding spot, (y/n) lit up the area where he had heard the sound. "Aw man. No fair," Okita said with a pout as she stood defeated in her attempted ambush.

        "Sorry, not this time," (y/n) spoke before leaving her to find Ritsuka. She would be back in the game soon, so he would need to throw her off his trail too. He had made it towards the center of the area where he assumed Ritsuka had been earlier. A chill shot down his spine prompting him to duck behind a wall. As it would happen, Ritsuka was walking towards him and saw him hiding. The moment they made eye contact, Ritsuka was shot down in an instant before (y/n) could send him a warning signal.

        The familiar feeling of imminent danger crossed (y/n) again, but it was too late. He was shot before he could even move. "Huh? But from where??" he found himself saying. He didn't see Nobu anywhere, and he didn't think Okita had already found him. It wasn't looking good for his team already.

        "Ritsuka, go for base capture points. Leave the rest to me. You're better at defense than offense anyway."

        "Gotcha, don't die. I'll never forgive you."

          "This isn't a war, Ritsuka," (y/n) muttered with a deadpan. Seconds after he responded, he was shot again.

        "Actually, it is." It was Nobu's voice, and this time (y/n) caught glimpse of her hair as she passes by through a nearby corridor. She had been trailing him all along!

        "Crap, she's good." (Y/n) had no choice but to flee. The game went by rather slowly for just ten minutes. It was as if Nobu had already predicted his strategy. Whenever he scored a point, Nobu scored two more. If he team scored three, she scored five. It was an overwhelming defeat. With just thirty seconds left on the timer, (y/n) was determined to at least score one more time before it was too late. "I've got you now!" With a perfectly timed surprise attack, (y/n) lept from the shadows to take aim at Nobu. He was shocked to find that she was waiting for him. The timer hit zero, but both of them had already shot one another.

        The announcer returned to further notify them of the end of the game. "And the winners are...the yellow team!"

        "What?!" Both (y/n) and Nobu simultaneously said. The miraculous turn around had (y/n) questioning whether or not the points had been counted correctly. It had them both hurrying to the exit to see exactly what happened.

        "No way." Okita commented at the scoreboard. By some miracle, Ritsuka had carried the team by repeatedly capturing the enemy's base. "Why does that count for so much anyway?"

        Ritsuks casually stood with them with an empty stare. "I guess I'm not so bad at this afterall."

        "I guess not huh." That was all (y/n) could think to say about it. "But I guess that means Nobu is buying us lunch eh?" He turned to face the girl who was staring off to the side with her face flushed to rose. "Or, on second thought. I think I'll still by us all lunch. Though next time I'll just take you with me so you can tell me how you did all that strategic stuff during the game."

        "Huh?!" Nobu snapped her attention to him. "But we lost! You can't just go changing the deal just because of-" she fell silent when she noticed what had actually been said. She promptly pulled her hat down to hide her face. "That wasn't a part of the deal," she began. "But that means you better not lose again if you get your hands on the secrets of the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven. Got it?" Okita was dying of laughter at her friend's sudden shyness.

        "I'll try my best to meet your expectations, lord Nobu," (y/n) decided to play along. He heard Nobu stiffle her laugh. "What? Was it really that funny?" She lifted her head and flashed him the brightest prettiest smile he'd ever seen. It almost melted him away with how brightly her eyes burned in addition. He returned the radience with one of his own without hesitation.

        "Did they forget we were here?" Okita asked Ritsuka.

        "I wouldn't be surprised if they did," he replied.
____________________________________

Not going to lie, I did not think I would struggle so hard to write this. Anyways, I'm going for some more dangerous(?) oneshots in the next update, so until then you awesome readers!