Acts and Guns

He moved swiftly across the battlefield with his blade  ready to strike once he reached his target. He slightly shook his head as he dashed across the muddy terrain to flick the water out of his hair. The thunderstorm had proved to rattle Yoshimoto's forces. (Y/n) trusted in Nobunaga's judgement, so he knew her plan would work.

        With a simple parry and three blinding swipes of his sword, he cut down four of Yoshimoto's men. He wasn't sure if they were his guards or not. They didn't have the time to show their skills in battle. (Y/n) was not in the mood for wasting time, so he hadn't bothered to analyze any of his opponents. He had Yoshimoto in his sights. Nobunaga was too far away to reach him, leaving (y/n) to be the only one close enough to catch their fleeing enemy. The sudden attack had taken the enemy general by surprise, but he had still put up quite the fight. It was only when he realized his vanguard was losing did he attempt to retreat further into his army. If (y/n) didn't reach him before he got past the newly forming front line, then the battle might be lost.

        (Y/n) sped up and dodged the bullets being shot at him. Just a little further. He would make it if he used his power, but that wasn't something he wanted to rely on. Using such an ability so early on might become a liability in the future for Nobunaga. Was the risk worth it?

        He didn't bother thinking about it. Instead, he just didn't think at all. His instincts drove his actions forward as he sliced through another enemy and used them as a footstool to leap towards Yoshimoto. Anyone seeing the action might have mistaken his action for flying as it quite literally seemed as if he zoomed straight across the sky. With one fell swoop, Yoshimoto was no more and his horse ran on without him.

        (Y/n) landed in the middle of Yoshimoto's soldiers, and promptly began to fight the rest of them for his life. The clanging of metal was starting to bring his thoughts back to him. He was surrounded. Even for him, this was an annoying number of foes to deal with. A stinging pain at his right shoulder had him lashing out to put space between whoever had managed to wound him. "Crap, they're going to-"

        He suddenly stood still. He felt it coming, and trusted that familiar feeling even though his enemies rushed at him. Just as he predicted, the bullets rained down to end anyone in the vicinity that wasn't an ally. He didn't bother to move amidst the deadly assault even as bullets wished past him in a close vicinity. His enemies lay before him defeated. They had won the battle. Victory was always a satisfying taste in his mouth.

        "(Y/n)!" Oda Nobunaga, his commander, called out to him as she approached. There was a wide grin on her face even though the aftermath of battle was scattered around her. The few retainers in tow of her horse stayed put as she stopped and slipped off the animal to rush to (y/n)'s side. "This fight's victor was all of us, but you carried us right til the end!" she proudly spoke as she jogged over to him. (Y/n) sheathed his sword before Nobunaga trapped him into a hug.

        He immediately hissed in pain. "Be careful," he warned her while pulling his right arm out of her hold. He didn't bother to speak about her public display of affection towards him. Oda did not care about the opinions of others, but she did want people to know what she considered off limits and often took the opportunity to showcase (y/n)'s importance to her.

        "You're hurt?" Nobunaga quickly let him go. "I didn't miss...did I?" For a brief moment, worry flashed across her red eyes before they boiled over in rage. "No, I never miss. It was them, wasn't it." She looked around at the fallen men around her. (Y/n) knew that if any had survived her long ranged attacks, she would have found some way to make them regret it.

        "I'm alright, Nobu. Yoshimoto is dead. We've won." He could already see the remaining troops surrendering, some begging for their lives while others showed interest in pledging their loyalty to the Oda clan. "Can we go home? I'm tired. Out running your steed is no easy feat." He felt his body attempting to shut down on him, but fought against it as much as he could.

        Nobunaga merely waved as his words. "Sure, yeah. Let's get this taken care of. I will leave Mitsuhide to sort out this mess." Her eyes were fixated on the cut that ran deep through his lower shoulder. (Y/n) didn't bother putting up a fight with her as she took hold of his good arm and led him back to her horse. "Mitsuhide, I'm returning now." He faithful retainer stood at attention. "See to it that all who remain pledge their loyalty to the Oda clan or die." She climbed atop her horse and waited for (y/n) to follow suit. It wasn't a difficult task, but mounting a horse with an injury was no simple matter. "Hold on as best as you can." Her voice was low and somewhat soothing. (Y/n) merely gave a soft hum in reply as he wrapped an arm around her waist to keep him secured.

        The horse took of into a steady trot, making its way off the battlefield and back towards  Zensho-ji Fort to let the decoy army know that they could all go home. There, Nobunaga would no doubt demand that (y/n) recieve immediate medical attention. Anyone who managed to upset her along the way got a gun pointed at their faces, and (y/n) wanted to laugh at Nobunaga's increasingly protective acts as they left the scene, but he refrained from doing so. Instead, he leaned his weight onto Nobunaga's back and rested.

        "I'd follow you to the edges of the country as your sword and protector," he mumbled. "You just remain the reliable lord of the Oda clan. I am sure that nothing is impossible for you." He could tell by the way she had the horse pick up speed that she was affected by his words.

        "Yeah yeah, whatever." She slightly smiled as she looked ahead. "Quit distracting me or I'll shoot ya."
____________________________________

I attempted to pull out some historical accuracy somewhere in there. Until next time you spectacular readers!