Chapter Nine: Sacred Book [3]

Night of a Friday came. Luna was wearing an all black outfit from head to toe. As soon as she confirmed that the others has gone to sleep, she quietly left her room and stealthily went out of the dorm.

Once she got outside, she instantly went to the shack behind. There she saw Shiki who was fixing his black mitt gloves. Usually his eye patch was a milky white square design, currently it's more circular and darker.

Luna couldn't help but be curious onto what's underneath his eye patch. Why must he hide it? Does he has a Heterochromia? Polycoria? Glass eye? Blind?

She wanna asked about it, so badly. But it was also obvious that the question would only fall into deaf ears and Shiki would pay no attention to it at all.

Suddenly, Shiki threw a black pouch into her. Inside was a mana stone and a elixir which will help them recover their energy and heal. Somehow, with this, Luna felt as if she's going on a tough mission.

Instead of even questioning him, Shiki instantly teleported them in front of the library's door.

"Say, you're not going with your divine beast?" Said shiki suddenly as he wander his eye around.

"He's here."

A translucent body then was seen at Luna's side. It was agapius, but instead of being a divine beast, he was in his human form, but Shiki couldn't tell for he was under Agapius's magic for him to be able to see Agapius as a divine beast.

Shiki didn't said a word after, instead he turn his attention to the oak door as he reached the handle and slowly pushing it open.

The room was dimly-lit, only the light of the moon serves as their light, Illuminating half of the library's space.

Both began to part ways nodding to each other as they head on both different directions. Shiki advanced towards the counter where the librarian seem to place all the documents she took. Whereas Luna, she proceed onto the lone bookshelf on the corner taking out a paper with powder as she blows it forward.

"Agapius."

She called out as she kept her eyes forward.

"I got it."

Shiki jolted as to when he heard something snap. He look over to where he heard the sound and was relieved to see it was just his companion and proceed to search of a certain document.

When Luna blew the powder in front, it was revealed there was strings right in front of them which probably lead to a trap or a Trigger to an alarm whenever it is touched. So for safety measures, agapius used his magic to snap all the strings for he was the only on who can use magic inside.

Initially, Shiki thought of breaking the nullification barrier with a device he had at home, but Luna disagreed to this idea for it might be too dangerous and may trigger a some kind of alarm if they forcibly break the barrier, and she eventually told him how agapius wasn't affected by the nullification.

Luna advanced forward but instead of going to the bookshelf, she went beside it which was in the walls tracing her fingers and pressing her hands against it. Suddenly she found an odd part of the wall, she instantly pressed which seen to be a fake brick wood attached. A passageway then revealed itself, but instead of stairs, it was a tunnel.

That old man, he said this is an easier way to get the book. Looks like I've been tricked.

Luna suddenly remembered their conversation with marvin yesterday.

Marvin briefly explain the supposedly to be the easier route to the chamber. It is that, there's a fake wood attached to the wall and once pushed or pressed, it shall reveal a passage through the book instantly.