Chapter Twelve: At stake [1]

A continuous banging woke Luna up, stomping her feet as she scratch her head aggressively till she reached the front door. With half eyes open she greeted the person who disturbed her peaceful slumber.

"Wow, you look... really different when you wake up." Quite a familiar voice made her brow raise, once she became a bit sober Luna then saw Remus outside together with Shiki.

It was exactly 7 in the morning when Luna turn around to the wall clock beside the door. What in the world are they doing banging in someone's house so early in the morning?

"What?" Luna grunted.

"We came to pick you up."

Luna felt like Remus has a switch in personality. He can be sometimes cold, cocky, cheerful, an airhead, and all of a sudden he's gloomy or a trembling mess. That's at least what she had observed over those 2 weeks she's with him and the gang, he's more moody than any girl she'd known.

"Why?" Luna asked.

But before they could continue their conversation, Luna let them in first and excused herself as she refreshed up a bit.

While Luna was on the bathroom, the two men sat on the couch—well, only Remus did. Shiki was busy observing the living room and other places.

The two thought that Luna's apartment was rather too big for just one person. They couldn't help to think that Luna was living with someone.

"Meow."

Their thoughts quickly got disturbed by Agapius who was sitting on top of the coffee table swaying its tail while looking at the two in front of him.

"You know, I haven't seen a divine beast, but don't you think this one is too peculiar than the real thing?" Commented Remus, his hand caressing his chin observing the cat in front of him.

Shiki didn't particularly care about agapius, after all, the two wasn't in good terms after they infiltrated the chamber.

"How so?" Shiki asked bluntly while roaming around.

"The last time I saw...Aggy was it? Or was it agriche—whatever, anyway, this thing has a pink colored stripes, I'm sure of it. But now the stripes are gone instead its fur became a plain black and its eyes became a bloody red, too." 

'Well, I just went back to my previous form, at first I was only playing to the point that I didn't realized I've kept the previous form(striped pink) till now. Also, why didn't that kid told me sooner?'

Luna then suddenly appeared wearing a long white button up shirt  that flows 'till above her knees and was overlayed with a brown striped vest.

She then asked the two if they've already eaten so that she could at least prepare breakfast for three— no four including Agapius that is. Just as when she asked, all of their stomach made a grumbling noise that echoed through the room. There was a slight paused before they made a response.

Since Luna did not exactly expect visitors to come—rather those two— all she did was made sandwiches and offered the two some coffee. They decided to eat in the living room.

"By the way, your apartment seem to be...well, rather big for just one person. Do you live with someone?" Remus straight forwardly asked as he much his sandwich while pressing onto the remote as he continuously change the channel.