Thirty Nine: Male interests [3]

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own?" Rei supported Rinalyn as she sit at the other clinic' bed. Looking at her friend worriedly. "I'm done with my performance task anyway, I can watch you, beside I don't feel safe leaving you here alone."

"I'm truly fine, you should go, it'll be bad if there's no one who would discipline Remus." Rinalyn jested as she and Rei Chuckled.

As Rinalyn lay down, she could feel Rei's eyes glued onto her. It was quite, uncomfortable, but she didn't say anything, instead she closed her eyes hoping to drift to slumber.

"Say..." Rei suddenly started "If you don't mind me asking, Just what in the world did you saw that made you petrified?"

Rinalyn fell silence, as she only looked at her companion hesitatedly— her eyes wandering, pursing her lips and clutching the white blanket sheet.

Haaaaaa...

She took a deep breath before finally taking up the courage to tell Rei onto what confounded her in great horror.

"I...I saw her."

Her answer may be  short, yet it had a great impact on Rei.

Crash!

The folding chair crash as Rei abruptly stood up bumping her feet into it; eyebrows scrunch as she looks at Rinalyn with a massive concern, sweating cold by the unforseen news her friend had just told her.

Of course, Rei clearly understood who Rinalyn was talking about.

After all, that person left a great scar, both into their family's heart. Rei vowed, if she were to see that woman, she would never hesitate to kill her. And now, Rinalyn saw her.

However, Rei knew being controlled by her anger won't do her any good and she doesn't want to see those traumatized eyes of Rinalyn.

"A-are you sure you saw it right? Perhaps your eyes were just play—"

"My eyes never deceived me, you know me Rei. I wouldn't even tell things if I weren't sure about them. But this...this is different!"

Rinalyn's eyes was in a tumult of emotions: rage, fear, horror, agitation. Balls of tears started to manifest in her eyes as she look at Rei.

With her overflowing emotions and tone. It seems to be true, but how could that be? Rei knew that, that woman is powerful but she couldn't possibly withstand such a powerful barrier put up by a higher mage that her. There maybe a possibility of her power increasing, but even so, Rei knew th mages in this academy is far more than talented than her.

"Alright, alright, I believe you. But first, lie down and calm yourself, and I..." She trailed off, hesitating to say what's need to be said.

'I couldn't possibly Leave her here, if that woman really is roaming free in the premises, that's more than a reason for me to stay. But I need to talk to my brother about this. More so, he typically doesn't check his phone, and is basically always in silent, tsk.'

Rei was in the middle of a decision crisis, weighing them on which would be she prioritize.

Hmmmmm......

Then soon, Rei picked up the chair and put it on the corner as she went to the couch near the nurse's desk and lied down.

"I'll stay here."

"You'll miss Remus' performance, you know?"

"Yea that'd be a bummer, especially if he's humiliated and I wasn't there to humiliate him more."

"You too sure are so close."

"Close enough to be on each other's throats."

Rinalyn then laughed, "Remember when we were little? Around maybe 5 or 6 years old— when you chased each other with a real little swords thinking it was fake and eventually cut down the blue roses Aunt Helena Grew?"