2. Persuasion [2]

[Are you crazy?!]

Luna was in utter bemusement as she looked at Shiki who was looking at her indifferently. Must have he forgotten that she's acting as Rinalyn and not Luna? That would cause suspicion among the others.

[Come up with an excuse, it's not that hard.] Shiki shrugged discreetly towards her.

Not that hard he says, Luna's eye twitched, has he forgotten that the curfew got moved to 8 pm? Not to mention teachers started to inspect the academy. If they were to get caught they'll get punished for sure.

[Just what exactly are we going to do there? You won't lure me in to murder me right?]

[Your thoughts sure are quite grotesque.] Shiki replied.

There was this fictitious scene playing in her head. Anything cliche way to murder someone, let your victim put their trust in you, invite them, lure them into something suspicious then bam! Dead.

It was quite exaggerated, but who knows? There's a madman out there in hunt for her. Luna couldn't just trust anyone. Not even her the group.

But she somehow want to trust them, she felt wrong to accuse nor be suspicious of them. They didn't seem to be the kind of people to do such a thing to her. In fact, they're such a sweetheart, well, Luna can guess she wouldn't even suspect them that they had murdered anyone before.

"Hey Shiki, you keep on looking at Rinalyn? Is something the matter?" Remus who caught a glimpse of Shiki glancing over to the brown haired girl asked as he raised a brow, suspicious of his companion.

Shiki gave a direct glance over to Remus and shrugged. "Habit," He answered bluntly, which made Remus to frown more.

"What does that— whatever, you do you, we still have to come up of something to rescue the two." Remus said dismissing Shiki.

***

"Was this supposed to happen, Agapius?"

Meanwhile, the two deities was out of the forest and are trying to track Rinalyn and Hikari all over the town.

Agapius was anxious as to what Aella had asked him. It was true, this wasn't supposed to happen, he never expected it too. Everything was right on track before this, where could have everything go wrong?

"I told you their plan was dangerous, yet your enthusiasm led them to this now! You're such an incompetent Deity of this world!" Chided Aella.

Was it really? Perhaps it really was his fault that everything went down the road. Agapius thought Luna and Rinalyn swapping would make Luna to capture the traitor she's been task to do so for the couple of months— but it wasn't the case after all.

In the first place, the two didn't know their whole plan, Agapius can't just interfere for it was his host' own decision and he thought nothing bad about it for they only regarded it as a mere switcheroo.

"!!!!"

Agapius head turn east, startling Aella. "Wh-what? What's with you? Have you found them?"

"...No, but there's a familiar presence somewhere near us."

Aella frowned but tried to amplify her mana to her surrounding thus indeed felt a similar presence as to what Agapius just had stated. "How could that be? Why would they be here? Do you think they have something to do with the abduction?" Aella asked.

"No, they're far too smart to make mistake such as mistaking Rinalyn as Luna with her lousy disguise, but they definitely has a similar plan." Agapius remarked.

"Ha! How exactly did they even get in? If they infiltrated in, you should at least knew of it right?"

It's not that Agapius wasn't informed by his system. There's two possibilities he can come up with; First, they were granted permission to be in this world, which is why they did not trigger an alarm as such did Aella. Second, they found a away to enter as a 'Character' , which can mean that they entered partially illegal, but because system took them in as a character, it didn't alarmed him.

"This sure is troubling."

***

Luna was getting ready to head out of the dorm, she fixed her current wavy brown hair tying it into a pony tail. She soon turn the doorknob and opened the door as she walked out of Rinalyn's room.

Just when she was about to turn around, Luna jumped when Elmira was in front of her.

"You scared me!" Luna exclaimed, her hand on her left chest.

Elmira chuckled, she has a towel around her neck as her hair was still dripping with water. Looking at her, Luna assumed that Elmira only got out of the shower.

"Sorry, I thought you'd be reading something," she said panning her gaze from Luna's head to toe, it was as if she was observing her naked. This made Luna quite uneasy.

Luna cleared her throat, "Is there something you want to tell me?" She asked. Luna couldn't look for a reason for Elmira to be just standing in front of Rinalyn's doorway.

"I was supposed to borrow a book but. . . You seem to be going somewhere. But it's already seven, should you be going out this late? The curfew is an hour away."

". . . Just out to get some fresh air. I'll go back in after a couple of minutes." She lied, who knows how long Shiki's ramble will go on later. She might even end up sleeping or worst, putting an all nighter.

"Oh, I see. Just be sure to be back before curfew, all right?" Elmira smiled as she eventually hummed back to her room.

Luna's gaze followed Elmira. She didn't know why but, that girl was quite odd, or perhaps she was just being paranoid since there's a person out there to kidnap her or even murder her!

Shrugging off the thoughts, she immediately went off her way.

Once outside, Luna looked left and right to see any people around, when she checked that there was no one, she used teleportation to promptly take her to the shack.

The door of the shack greeted her, she use the same old knock she did before and eventually push the door open and immediately closed it.

The old florescent light was the only light at the shack. On the ground, there she saw Shiki, both his hands pressed against a somewhat large paper, there was also a pen in his mouth. What's he doing?

Luna approached Shiki, she sure know this man already knew she's here. Once she already was close to Shiki, she crouched down and glance over the paper, but all Luna saw was a blank canvas.

"What are you doing staring immensely into that blank piece of paper?" She spoke up, making Shiki's head to turn to her.

". . . Doing a plan B." He said, removing both of his hand to the paper which made both edges curl.

"Plan B for what?" Luna asked.

He glance to Luna, "Oh I don't know, maybe for pregnancy?" He sarcastically intoned which made Luna roll her eyes in annoyance. "You're wise enough to know what kind of plan I'm talking about."

"Oh! Does this plan include us escaping the academy and look for the two?" She said in a sarcastically sing-song tone. "Okay enough with this, what exactly is this plan for?"

Shiki sighed, "A counter plan, if Sir Marvin rejects the idea of us being the search party." He replied.

"You. . .talked to him?" She asked, crossing her arms below her chest. "Or you'll talk to him?"

Shiki stood up, as he took out his phone from his pocket, fiddling with it and gestures it towards Luna, ringing.

"No, you will." He answered, indifferently.

Luna blinked several times as her gaze went to the ringing phone then back to Shiki's stoic face. She was in utterly disbelief about this situation.