1. Persuasion [1]

A week later.

Rinalyn's eyes fluttered open. Her senses were clouded, she could not determine nor recall what happened to her previously all she could think of now was this dim room she was in. 

Both of her hands and feet somehow felt excruciating pain. Rinalyn tried wriggling them just to find out both of her wrist and feet were tied tightly. She was not sitting rather laying down on a soft mattress. Her head tilted, squinting her eyes that were beginning to adjust to the dark. The rope used on tying her hands was chained within the headboard rail and so were her feet.

Why was she here? How did she end here in the first place. 

It took her a while to completely process and recall the previous events that had happened. 

'Ah, that's right. I was supposed to let Hikari spill that she's a spy from the opposing academy, while disguised as Luna. . . and. . .and after that. . . a man in dark cloak appeared. Then I lost my consciousness by then.'

But she couldn't understand. Why was she kidnapped? Was Hikari related to this? 

Was it perhaps because she disguised herself as Luna?

No . . . this isn't the time to be thinking about the motive, what's more important was finding a way to untied herself and escape.

***

A week before.

Luna and the others were making a plan to rescue Rinalyn who the others still knew that it was actually Luna who had been abducted and Hikari.

She never really tried to clear the misunderstanding, because of someone.

'For now, don't reveal you're Luna. Who knows, someone in our group may be actually connected to the abduction. That'll cause us trouble if they knew they kidnapped the wrong person.'

Those words of Shiki were being played at her head over and over like a broken record. Because of that, she continued to play Rinalyn, she was trying to not draw any suspicion. She always reminded herself to go to Rinalyn's room because, she's Rinalyn.

It has been almost two days since, the academy itself declared a temporary break, however, students are not allowed to leave the place.

With Marvin's absence, it became a hassle for the teachers to know what move they should initiate.

They couldn't just act recklessly without a polished plan, because if they do, there's no doubt the academy will be in shambles. In the first place, they do not know who was behind this.

But they do have some speculations, but they can't just jump into conclusion.

Luna and the others were gathered at their usual place, strangely enough, Shiki had joined them. As of now, they were still talking about their own plan of rescuing Rinalyn and Hikari.

The day after the abduction, the others brought up the search party for the two missing companions, but Gillian refused. She can't bear to send them on such a dangerous thing, besides, Gillian knew their emotion was only taking over them.

"Should we just escape? But the barrier triggers an alarm, not to mention it's too strong for us to break." Remus started, doodling on the side where he plucked out the grass. "They might even put an eye on us even more."

Rei sighed, "I tried talking to the person Sir Marvin put into authority while he's not here, but she said she can't do it either. Unless we get the approval of either Sir Marvin or the head, then we can't do anything about it." 

Yesterday, when Gillian told them to directly ask the person Marvin put in charge for the time being, Rei immediately tried her best to know this person: It was Marvin's twin sister, the head of the laboratory research and the assistant vice principal of Marvin; Marilyn Jules Theobald. 

"Fuck. . .We don't even know how to get in contact with him, it would've been easier if I had sir Zelde's contact number." Remus muttered, aggressively erasing his doodle on the ground as he broke the stick he's been using, throwing it away.

[Hey,]

Shiki flinched when he heard Luna's voice in his head suddenly making him discreetly glance at her;

[What?] Shiki telepathically answered back, he saw Luna glance back at him, but only for a second.

[You have Sir Marvin's phone number right?] Luna asked, scratching her head, her eyes wandering around.

Shiki paused, he seemed to know what this girl needed him with.

[I do, will you ask me to get his approval? I doubt he'll let us.]

Luna frowned. Well, it was true too, Marvin is strict, especially when it comes to the students' of the academy. He's a cautious man who doesn't act without a concrete plan.

[A plan,] Shiki continued. [If we have a persuasive plan, he might let us go.]

If only they could come up with a plan, that won't put them in danger, they might have a chance to rescue the two. But for now, not even a single draft was created. All inside the others' heads was how they'll be able to escape and help Hikari and Rinalyn, they're not thinking about their own safety nor any possibilities.

Shiki thought that wasn't half bad, but they'll end up dead before even rescuing the two. Moreover, they have no intel on their whereabouts, so how on earth will they be able to proceed if they have no complete idea where to start.

[Hey Luna,] Shiki called out after sorting his thoughts.

[Don't bother me, I'm thinking about something.] Luna dismissed.

[Are you free tonight? What can you say about an all nighter at the shack?]

Her brows twitched.

Luna couldn't help but whished her head to Shiki with questioning eyes, perplexed about what he's talking about.

[7 o'clock tonight at the shack, don't be late.] He said authoritatively.

[. . .HUH?!]

***

Hi, yes I'm transferring Volume 2 here!

One chapter at a time though!