[Prologue]

First Person POV

I grasped the cold wall tightly, cornered as darkness more gloomy than night encircled my apartment. The glistening stars in the sky that normally shone beautifully were masked by a dark shadow as an eerie silence fell over the room.

Ba-dum Ba-dum

I could feel my (e/c) eyes widen as clouds of darkness swirled around that small room. The middle of summer...and yet, an unconventional coldness filled the place.

My body instinctively clenched itself as a peculiar numbness fell over me. Footsteps...slow, yet heavy ones. I hesitantly turned my head to look up, aghast at the sight that befell me. Four eyes more ominous than that of blood...multiple hands that grasped its face as it eerily giggled upon me. The figure moved closer and closer to me. I trembled as an unshakable truth came to my mind.

'Ah,' I muttered, my (h/c) hair swaying in the harsh winds. So this is the end.

I shut my eyes tightly. If only...

If only I hadn't picked up that object.

Suddenly, I was frozen with fear. I could feel tears dripping out of my eyes as the cackles of the inhuman creature in front of me filled that room. The sound of my heartbeat resonated. I...didn't want to die. 

Did I ever feel such emotions before? To me, death...was just another destination.

I trembled in the corner, shutting my eyes tightly as I prayed, prayed that the creature in front of me would get slashed beautifully. That it would painfully disappear as I lived that same ordinary life I was once dissatisfied with. 

As it neared closer and closer toward me, I felt a sudden gush of wind as a figure swished past. In an instant, my whole apartment was obliterated as the pieces of glass slit my cheeks. It took me a moment to realise that was going on as I looked to see what was happening. Fast movements...too quick for the human eyes.

Wait, this was an opportunity. An opportunity to escape.

As I attempted to move my body, I could feel a pressure holding me down. As if I was tied to this place.

A deep, amused voice ran through my ears.

"Do you really call that pathetic little ability of yours jujutsu?"

My eyes widened as I turned my head to take a glance at the owner of that voice. An alluring young man, ruffled pink hair that was smoothed back, with black markings elegantly covering him from head to toe. His red eyes resembled those of rubies, his long eyelashes fluttering as he smirked at that thing.

I watched as he soon held out his hand, the body of the inhuman creature splitting into several parts. The splatters of blood brushed his face as he grinned. He reached to grab for something in there as he pulled out what looked with a finger, gulping it in a instant. He turned around as his gaze softened on mine.

"I finally found you."

I blinked twice as I glanced at him. Déjà Vu hit me as I felt I'd been in a similar situation before.

No...It couldn't be. It was definitely the first time I saw that man. I felt an inexplicable feeling in my chest as I clenched tightly. I could feel my face burning up as I looked away.

What was this familiar feeling of longing?