[Chapter 1]: To You, 500 Years In The Past

First Person POV

The Muromachi period of Japan, the year 1503. A beautiful era brimming with culture, however, it was an era stained in filthy blood. I recalled the days that ominous crimson colour lay splattered on my hands, the corpse of that woman-

I flinched as I recalled those events. No. I had to stop thinking about it. I breathed a silent sigh as I turned around to glance out to the sky.

The blindingly-bright rays of the sun sank in the depths of the night as I sat by the window sill, staring out at the cool breeze. The wind caressed my face as if trying to comfort me, my crimson-red kimono fluttering in the wind. Thousands of stars twinkled in the vast sky as the dim moonlight lightened up my face.

So beautiful.

My (h/c) hair gently blew as a feeling of envy and longing filled my heart.

'Ah..' I thought to myself. I never thought I'd miss this sight so much. Yet hate it so much to the point of wanting to tear it apart. To think that even stars were more free than the me, living a life unbound by chains.

If only I didn't reach for the hands that reached out to me in those hard times...

I shook my head.

'No.' I promised the woman who gave birth to me that I'd do anything to live in her place, even though that will of hers put me through such a burden.

However, I myself knew I was too much of a coward to attempt to erase my existence.

'Hah...' That feeling of unsureness was disgusting.

"Maybe I should erase them instead," I muttered under my breath. But I knew I'd be immediately sealed away and brutally killed if I even attempted to do so. With my mediocre abilities, it was almost certain that I'd fail miserably. Afterall, the (l/n) family who took me in were one of the most powerful families in this district.

I clenched my fist tightly as blood oozed out of my hand.

But still, to use my cursed technique in order to resurrect the Ryomen Sukuna, the King of Curses, and force me to marry such a being...

I should've known the first time such 'dignified' people appeared in that unclean, deserted alleyway. Their intentions were definitely impure. They...had been planning this for a long, long time.

If they had obtained the ability of the King of Curses, it was obvious who would win the unending civil war that was occurring single-handedly.

With myself being there to enchant and bind the King of Curses...surely the man wouldn't disagree to their demands...

Naïve.

I smirked, my eyes widening excitedly as I licked the blood off my hands.

'Those idiots are definitely doomed now.' There was no way the arrogant Ryomen Sukuna would listen to they're demands. The end result would be...

Death.

Even though I knew I couldn't escape from his fury either, the fact that we could fall into the abyss together...

Nothing could excite me more than that.

Suddenly, the shoji* slid open as light footsteps entered by room. A maid entered, staring at me with haughty eyes even though she respectfully bowed.

"Are you awake now, miss? The master and madam, as well as the other masters and misses are awaiting your arrival in the main hall. It would be wise to hurry up and-"

I turned around, half-liddedly glancing at her face as my (e/c) eyes emanated my annoyance. The maid flinched as she looked confusedly for a moment. 

I immediately fixed my attitude as I brightly smiled at her, quickly sculpting the face of an innocent angel and plastering it on my face.

"Yes, I'm coming! I'll try to hurry up so mother and father don't get mad!"

The maid shook her head as if she'd been seeing things for a moment as she quickly turned around.

"A-Anyway, I warned you!"

As she scurried off, I couldn't help but chuckle at myself.

So pathetic.

To think even a mere maid would disrespect me, even though I was a lady of the family.

Well, I guess it would be even more uncanny if they indeed had respect for me. Afterall, I was only an adopted daughter of unknown origins, my value being less than that of a maid.

I got down from my sitting position as I twirled around, exhilarated. My kimono gently fluttered as it poofed up and down, my hair dancing with the wind. I grinned, amused.

Their doom was fast approaching.

I turned around one last time to look at the bright moon, tapping on the window.

'I hope you don't disappoint me, Ryomen Sukuna.'

Authors Note: Hey everyone! Just in case any of you are confused, the story is currently set 500 years ago now. It's about the events that happened in the past between (y/n) and Sukuna. 

Btw, a shoji is the door, window or like a room divider used in the interior design of ancient Japan.

I  also wanted to make clear the background of (y/n) . Her mother had passed and wished for her to live well in her stead. While she was going through hard times, the (l/n) family approached her and adopted her to make use of her cursed technique and resurrect Sukuna in order to use him to kill off their rivals.

Hope you all like this story so far! Looking forward to seeing you in the next chapter :)