[Chapter 5]: He Who Bathes In Blood

Third Person POV

The elders say that centuries ago, there once existed a sorcerer of utmost power, who eliminated all the insect-like beings that inhabited the lands with his unbeatable jujutsu and reached the top of the world. The number of lives he had stolen was uncountable, yet the more crimson tainted his soul and painted it a deeper black, the more he craved that sensation. The screams of utter terror...the cries of those whose loved ones got snatched...

Ah. It was an exciting feeling. 

He was crowned with the title of Ryomen Sukuna, dominating and bringing terror to the world, even after his death, as the King of Curses. Throughout the pages in history, he was worshipped as a fearsome god, a reverent being. 

However, when the splatters of blood drenched the world in a river of scarlet, the powerful and mighty all gathered and used every last drop of cursed energy to seal away this man. 

He, who was greeted with a dark, suffocating atmosphere that chained him away for the past few centuries, could finally feel the effects of the talisman disappearing, the chains that held him ever so tightly loosen as the cool air greeted him once more. He concealed his cursed form as he morphed himself into the shape of a human, hiding away his extra pairs of arms. How fun it was to mingle amongst humans, fooling them and watching their faces of utter horror. Now that the surface finally faced him again, where should he start his first massacre?

The scent of humans filled the air, amongst which he could smell a delightful scent whose sweetness was akin to that of honey. 

He pondered on where such a smell was coming from as he turned his ruby-red eyes to glance at the woman that lay on the floor. Her body was covered in fresh wounds as she trembled on the floor, the sweet scent of pure cursed energy exuding off her. Her close distance from where he was sealed at, and the wounds that were clearly the aftereffects of unsealing him made it evident that she was the one who broke the sorcery, however, her motives were like a cloudy sky, frustratingly unclear.

She was quite an attractive human. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair swished over her shoulders as she met his eyes.

A determined gaze and a smile that exhibited the utmost happiness...to think she'd be able to showcase such an expression while faced with grave injuries. Sukuna couldn't help but smirk as his coral-pink hair swayed along with the wind. She was like a breath of fresh air, a type of person he hadn't encountered before.

But, that was all.

Her life wasn't worth preserving. A frail and weak woman...there were plenty of humans resembling her in the vast world. However, he felt an inevitable curiosity toward her. Just how exactly was someone like her able to break a talisman that had the potential to restrain the King of Curses? 

"Sister!" called out a voice as the pink-haired curse winced. A sickeningly loud noise resonated throughout the place as Sukuna turned to stare at the insolent insect-like human, his blindingly blond hair fluttering in the wind as he dashed toward the female that lay on the ground. He tightly hugged the woman, his sapphire-like eyes smiling radiantly. 

Sukuna boredly glanced over the pair, watching as the two intimately embraced one another. A reaction he had seen too many times. A loving family...how delightful it would be to-

The curse halted, his eyelids slowly widening in amusement as he glanced at the female. She, who was displaying an angelic smile only a while ago now gave a look of utter disgust as she buried her face in the man's shoulder. A facade, huh?