[Chapter 8]: A Sword Dripping In Scarlet

Third Person POV

The figure of his pure-white kimono, the contrasting splatters of scarlet which beautifully tainted it...that was how the pages of history depicted the King of Curses, Ryomen Sukuna. A man whose hands ended the journeys of an uncountable number of humans...the symbol of fear and the embodiment of a crimson-stained path. Never had he stopped to look back upon the innumerous souls that grasped onto his being in utter resentment as he walked toward the abyss of darkness.

If entities could be described as colours that are painted beautifully on a canvas, Sukuna's canvas was painted purely black since the day he first took his steps in a path stained in blood and tears. The trails of hatred, regret, and anger which constantly followed him behind...

Ah... Nothing more could excite him this greatly.

And yet, as if new colours splattered on his canvas, invading his life like insects and tainting the very being he was, he had now decided upon what he had never anticipated even in his unruliest of dreams.

To save her.

She was like a rose amongst a field of weeds, blooming beautifully and elegantly unlike those around. That relieved look in her alluring (e/c) eyes, her angelic smile whilst facing her end. This very scene was engraved into his mind, with every attempt to brush away such thoughts futile. The King of Curses could not deny his unwavering interest toward her. The unaccountable humans he slaughtered, though each a completely different being had plastered the same face whilst falling off the stairs of life. Widened eyes that displayed pure shock...hands clasped as if begging not to be killed...a look of pure horror, regret, suffering...

It was a feeling that made his heart throb in pure delight. A feeling that plastered the most fulfilled smile on his normally stoic face. Yet, he hadn't the slightest when this feeling failed to satiate his hunger, when he began to crave something more. A more exciting sensation, that would grant him more pleasure than any of the scarlet he splattered, than any of delight he felt whilst those tear-stained faces cursed him.

Yet, all humans were born the same.

It was as if the gods above had created each human to be a reflection of the other, as if the fear of a terminated journey filled their veins. Yet that girl...

The King of Curses couldn't forget her.

His first glance toward the daring humans who unsealed him from that suffocating place, from the chains that bound him for many centuries of utter boredom had filled his veins with gratitude. He was thankful, so thankful that he made the decision of doing them the favour of placing them in eternal slumber.

Screams of utter horror...cries begging to be spared. A scene he had been a witness to countless of times in his life as a curse. It was so familiar that it gave the King of Curses the sensation of a home, a feeling he couldn't do without. The thirst for blood that had been welling up inside of him like a bottomless pool...he could now finally extinguish those burning flames of desire. The shivers of excitement he could feel on his skin, the splatters of blood that drenched his path with every step he took...

How delightfully boring.

Crimson continued to splatter upon his kimono, blood cascading down his face as he caught sight of a figure in the corner of his eyes. A red kimono, contrasting with the dull-grey scenery fluttering softly in the winds as if performing a gentle dance, (h/l) (h/c) hair lightly swishing to reveal the face of an otherworldly beauty, so alluring that it felt as if he were only dreaming. Her long feathery eyelashes alluringly complimented her (e/c) eyes as they gently sparkled, making it seem as if they held the stars in the night sky in them. The King of Curses couldn't help but continue glancing toward her, as if she held a rope that was attached to his eyes, pulling his sight toward her.