[Chapter 6]: A Captured Rose

First Person POV

The splatters of impure crimson filled the site which once held the King of Curses as an ominous, rotten stench surrounded me, choking me. The curtain that was unleashed moments ago had now withdrawn as an outburst of abrupt precipitation slid down my face.

Ryomen Sukuna stood still in front of my slumped figure, his white kimono depicting death fluttering in the harsh winds as his shadow loomed above, about to swallow my being. I could feel his eyes piercing daggers into me as I turned away, my heart feeling unexpected terror. That unfathomable gaze...

Ah... I'm going to die.

However, the weights I had been carrying on my shoulders throughout the stairs of my life, the tears and blood I had shed - I could finally release that feeling of heaviness.

The freshness of the rain caressed my face as lightness graced my heart for the first time. At least...I didn't carry any regrets.

I flinched as fingers grasped my chin gently, the coldness being felt on my skin as my head was pulled up to face Ryomen Sukuna. His eyes were locked onto mine as a smirk spread across his face.

Though the elders depicted this man as a hideous, monstrous being, it was obvious that they covered the truth with a thick mask of lies. I blinked twice as I admired his features. Beautiful scarlet-coloured eyes that shone brighter than rubies graced with thick, long eyelashes akin to feathers, luscious lips, and black cursed marks carved perfectly onto his face. 

I gulped slightly. Though the ladies of neighbouring clans often chattered about no man having the ability to overwhelm the looks of my alluring brother, those women obviously had their sights set too low. Ryomen Sukuna...he was like a beautiful artwork.

"You look like you're about to pounce on me," stated the curse amusingly, his eyes interlocked onto mine as I flinched.

I could feel my cheeks heating up as I looked away, my heart racing mysteriously.

Ba-dump Ba-dump.

It was a sensation I hadn't experienced before, the palpitations in my heart not stopping as I turned back to face Ryomen Sukuna. The curse ran his hands through his wet hair, droplets of water slipping down as he opened his lips to speak.

"Since I'm grateful to you for unsealing me," spoke the curse, his deep voice resonating throughout the air, "I...will grant any wish of yours."

My eyes widened at his words as I turned to study his expression. Those eyes of his that showed no signs of deceit...so he's serious. To think the ruthless King of Curses could ever utter such words, I wouldn't ever imagine so, even in the wildest of my dreams.

I gently gazed toward him, the corners of my eyes drooping as a genuine smile spread across my face.

The moment I'd been anticipating for a long, long time.

My (h/l) (h/c) fluttered in the winds, the droplets of rain sliding down my face as I held his firm, thick hands, pulling it slightly toward my direction as I slid his fingers around my neck. I tilted my head lightly to touch his hand as I gently rubbed it, feeling him flinch.

Ah...he probably never expected it.

I kept up my angelic smile, my expression dripping with the sweetness of honey as I opened my lips and uttered the following words: