~ My Type ~

Clay woke to see George had moved to hug his abdomen. He smiled sleepily, playing with George's hair as he admired the mess. He felt George's legs shift between his, making him freeze. He'd noticed the unmistakable feeling of skin to skin contact.

He lifted the blanket to see George had taken off his sweats last night. He'd hoped to God that it was in his sleep when George did that and not on purpose. He bit his lip, squeezing his eyes as he carefully got out of the bed. He grabbed some clothes and made it to his bathroom.

He exhaled heavily as he turned on the water, "Oh my god." He splashed his face with water, rubbing it slowly. "Jesus Christ..." he mentally patted himself on the back for making it out of his room in one, sane piece. He started his shower and basked in the hot water. His room was pretty cold for being on the top floor so the heat was much welcomed.

He showered quickly so that he could get his car cleaned before George woke up. Since Clay's mom didn't have to work until the afternoon, she drove her car to the cleaners with him so Clay would have a ride back home. When he got back, he walked into his room to see George eating a bowl of mini frosted wheats.

"Good morning."

George swallowed quickly, "Good morning." He set down his bowl and sat criss-cross.

"Had to take my car to the cleaners because of..." Clay trailed off. George's hair was damp and messy, one of Clay's oversized t-shirts hanging slightly off of one pale shoulder and by the looks of it, he didn't have pants on. "the weed." He finally finished.

George cringed, "I'm sorry." Clay shook his head, sitting next to George. "It's no big deal, didn't cost much so don't worry about it." George fiddled with the covers, "I can pay you back." Clay shook his head again, "Really, it's fine." He glanced down quickly, chuckling. "Are you uhm, are you wearing pants?"

"No, ehm," George laughed with him, " I took a shower and needed clothes so I borrowed yours, including underwear. That's okay, right? I feel like I'm just inviting myself but..." George trailed off.

George was wearing his underwear. The stars aligned most perfectly within the last 14 hours.

"No, it's fine. I mean, what's mine is yours. Friends and all." George smiled at him, "You're too nice to me. Why? Why are you so nice?" Clay shrugged, "Don't have many friends. I just wanna look after my closest one." George sighed softly, "I really don't deserve it. I'm a mess." He covered his face.

Clay's heart swelled. "That's okay. I can assure you, nobody's perfect. Well, maybe my parents." George laughed, pulling his hands down slowly. "And you? You seem pretty perfect to me." Clay shrugged, "I have some weird hobbies." George scoffed, "Weird hobbies, he says. Well I spend my weekends getting drunk and high, what about you?"

"Well, I suppose I could show you." Clay got off his bed and rummaged underneath it for a wide and short chest. George peaked over with interest as Clay unbuckled the chest and opened it. There were a couple small vases with golden paint and painting supplies.

"Kintsukuroi, or 'golden repair', in Japanese. It's the art of breaking something or taking something broken and fixing it with golden paint. It's relaxing." George nodded slowly, "I've heard of that before. I always thought it looked really cool. I can't say I'm too surprised you do it either."

Clay shut the chest, locking it back up and shoving it under his bed. He folded his arms on the bed, resting his chin on top of them. "What's that supposed to mean?" George shrugged, "Just seems like a you thing. Calming and peaceful, requires concentration and patience."

Clay's door opened, causing Clay to begrudgingly avert his gaze from George's pretty face. "Hey, honey, I'm heading to work. Do you boys want anything?" Clay looked at George who just shook his head. "No thanks, mom. See ya." She smiled before closing his door. "She's nice."

Clay nodded, "Like I said, perfect." He laughed softly. "What about your parents?" George dug his elbows into the mattress, resting his chin in his hands. "Eh, they keep to themselves. They don't care what I do, as long as I come back in one piece once every two weeks or so." Clay breathed in deeply, humming as he exhaled.

George smelled like him, was wearing his clothes, and was in his bed. He couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment other than this. Well, maybe if they were dating, that'd make it a million times better. Then he could do more than just stare at the brunet. So much more.

"Do you wanna go home or just vibe here?" George went back to picking at the comforter, "I dunno." Clay chuckled, "If you want to stay here, you can. Spend the night again if you want, I don't care. Mi casa su casa, Jorge." George giggled, "Don't ever call me that again." Clay laughed with him, soaking in the sweet sounds of his voice.

"You're quite the cuddler when you're asleep." Clay spoke quietly, nearly regretting it before George snickered. "Yeah, I am. I've never liked sleeping alone, even when I was young. I dunno why... but it's been a while since I have. That was probably the best night of sleep I've had in months." Clay beamed over this newfound information. He made George comfortable.

"Do you have a crush, Clay? Anyone on campus?" George asked suddenly, catching Clay completely off guard. "Oh, uhm, I dunno. I guess." George quirked a brow, "Do tell." Clay chuckled, shaking his head. "Nah, I don't think so." George tugged on his arm, "Come ooooon. I told you mine, well, my ex crush I guess." Clay looked at him sadly.

"Speaking of, how are you?" George's smile faltered, "I'm okay. Nothing actually happened and I got away, ran for a bit and then called you." Clay nodded, glancing at the hand on his arm. "I'm glad you called me." George removed his hand quickly, "Me too." They stared at each in silence for a moment before Clay realized it was probably awkward.

"Do you uh," he cleared his throat, "do you want to go see a movie with me and one of my friends? We had planned this and they said I could bring a plus one." George smiled softly, "That sounds great, what're we watching?" Clay shrugged, "That new horror movie, The Bell or something." George nodded, "Yeah, sounds great."

"Cool. Uhm, do you want to drive to your house and get some clothes?" George chuckled, "Yeah I guess I should. I actually live in a dorm." Clay got off the bed before stopping short, "Fuck." He cursed under his breath. "What is it?" Clay smacked his forehead with his palm, "My car's at the cleaners."

George laughed, "Uber?"

Clay nodded, "Uber."

~
{Vote or whatever. I've been writing a bunch and originally, this chapter was almost 3,000 words so I'm breaking it up. I'll post that in two days.}
~
Saint Motel
1,210 words.