~ Change My Clothes ~

"We could've walked this." Clay said as he stood behind George. "Eh, we can walk back. I didn't realize you lived so close." George paid and tipped the driver, "Thank you. Alright, right up here." Clay followed George as he went up a few stairs.

George knocked on the door, "I left my keys here last night." The door was opened by a boy with a bright smile, "George! We'd thought you'd died!" George and Clay made their way in, "No, just got caught up." He 'ooo'd when he saw Clay, "I can see why." Clay smiled awkwardly.

"No, not him. That's Clay. Oh yeah, this is Karl. Clay, Karl. Karl, Clay." George drug him away by the wrist into his room. "Nice to meet you." Clay spoke quickly as George closed his door, exhaling. Clay chuckled, "What was that?" George shook his head, "He's always looking for someone to join his poly relationship. I do not want you to be part of that."

"Ah, thanks. Has he ever... 'recruited' you?" George scoffed, "Many a times." Clay looked around his room. It was surprisingly clean and organized. The room was basically spotless, a few posters hanging up around the room. He spotted familiar pink, purple, and blue shades on one of them. "Glass Animals..." Clay walked over to it.

George looked back as he dug through his dresser, "Oh, yeah. I've listened to some more of their music and I saw a poster at the mall and bought it." Clay smiled, his heart warming with great intensity. "I see."

When he turned back around, George was in a black turtleneck and black, ripped skinny jeans. "You said I could spend the night again, right?" Clay nodded slowly, "You can... stay for as long as you like."

George smiled, "I love it here but my god, Karl is messy as fuck. Your house is so clean." Clay shrugged with a smile, "Yeah, we usually clean every Sunday. Kitchen, bathrooms, even the guest bedroom." George chuckled, "You have a guest bedroom and you wanted me to sleep in your room?"

Clay's brain short-circuited, trying to think of an appropriate response. "I, well, I just wanted to make sure you were alright throughout the night. I mean, you're the one who wanted to sleep in my bed with me." George laughed softly, "I've never seen you flustered before." Clay looked away, heading towards George's door and opening it. "Got everything?" George giggled, "Yeah."

They successfully left the apartment and decided to just walk back to Clay's house. Clay found along the way that he hadn't thought about his board once. He always felt guilty about literally spying on George but could never bring himself to break away from the obsession but since he's been hanging out with George...

"When's the movie?" George broke their comfortable silence as they approached the house. "Uh, around 7, I think. They want to go out to eat first, though, so we'll leave around like 6 or something." George nodded, "Are they picking us up? 'Cause of the..." he smiled guiltily.

"Oh, no, the cleaners will deliver my car when they're done." George nodded, "I feel like I've been such a nuisance." Clay shook his head as they walked upstairs, "I promise you're not. We've never hung out off campus so it's chill." George plopped onto his back on Clay's bed, huffing. "I guess. That's kinda weird. How long have we been friends?"

4 months and 11 days.

Clay shrugged, "Like 4 months? And a half? I dunno." George sat up on his elbows, "Hm. What're we doing until the movie?" Clay chuckled, sitting in his swivel chair at his desk, turning it to face George. "Don't you have homework?" George rolled his eyes, dropping back onto his back. "Homework schmomework." Clay shook his head, "How you're the top of our class, I'll never know."

George chuckled, "I won't either. I blame it on my awesome intuition. Honestly, you should be above me." Clay gritted his teeth, "Yeah, I actually have to try and think." George sighed, "Honestly, I just wanna drop out. Doesn't seem worth it." Clay furrowed his brow, "What would you do?"