Chapter 8

I was able to successfully hideaway in the muggle world from Riddle and his evil crew. But it was not going to be for long.

It's a Friday night and I was getting ready for a date. It was the second date with a junior I have started talking to since I went back to my life in this world. I finally felt that everything was going to be okay and normal, the way it should be.

I add the last touches to my makeup and walk downstairs. I see Chris at the door with flowers.

"You look great" he says smiling and hands the flowers towards me.

I smile and accept the flowers.
"Thank you, kind sir" I respond jokingly.

He lets out a light laugh. I set the flowers down on the table beside me and leave the house with Chris beside me.

____
I walk up the steps of a 50's themed dinner. Chris opens the door letting me inside and the warm air greets me. It was 48 degrees outside and was wet from the rain earlier.

We find a booth to sit in and the server approaches us while I was looking down.

"What can I get you all to drink?" A familiar British accent speaks.

My heart took fast and hard beats. It felt as if my entire body went cold and all color washed from my face. I slowly look up and see Tom look at Chris looking at the menu.

"Do y'all have any special drinks?" Chris asks
A small smirk appears on Toms face and disappears the next second.

"As a matter of fact we do, it's not on the menu quite yet, but we can still make it for you" he explains with an evil plan brewing.

"I don't know what the hell it is but I'll take it" Chris answers and smiles at me naively.

"And for the lady?"

"Nothing" I answer with contempt lacing in my voice.

"I'll be right out" he responds

As Tom walks to the back, I turn toward Chris anxiously. "I need to grab something from the car, do you mind if I borrow the keys for a quick moment?" I ask him.

He fishes out the keys and hands them to me.
"Be careful" he tells me.

I nod in response and grab the keys from his hand. I pace hurriedly to the front door and make my way down the steps to the car. I shuffle through for the right key. When light breathing hits the back of my neck. My body froze in fear not daring to make another move. Tom was right behind me. His hand slowly takes away the keys from me and turns it into dust. Without the need of a wand.

"You won't be needing those, Adryanna"

The way my name sounds coming from him sends goosebumps running all over my body. I single tear slips out my eyes. He turns me around and places me against a wall.

"Why are you crying? I haven't punished you...yet" He laughs out. He slithers his hand up my arm and places a finger at my chin. He examines me for a minute. A longing look flickers in his eyes.

He replaces his hands at my throat and begins squeezing. Until I had no air to breath..I try to pry his hands off me. I was gasping for air.
"Say you'll never leave me again, bind your words to me. Or I'll kill you right here, right now!"

I didn't have a moment to think about what grave mistake was about to be made.

"I'll...never...leave you....again" it came out choppy due to the lack of oxygen.
He let go and grabbed my hand and binded my words with magic. So I could never break it...never break it.