Weapons System Online

Two ships collided mid air shattering all at once and sending shrapnel silently in all directions. Adam felt the vibration through his feet as a large chunk of metal impacted the rock island on which they stood. Shattered bits of moon floated in a now-stable sort of orbit together, locked into place by the push and pull of its own gravity.

Bodies lay strewn and scattered across the ground.

Overhead flashes of orange and gold light discharged at intervals as ships maneuvered around each other . Ramirez was holding his own, but only barely, and there was only so much that Simon could do to help without risking the lives of her entire crew.

They had tried to get Avex or someone on the coms, but the long-distance radio frequencies they were using to send through the small micro warps were being blocked. Irus was on its own. Behind him, Sunny managed to force open the outer door to what remained of Irus's orbital weapons facility, and the three of them stepped inside the airlock door closing behind them. There was a sharp hiss as the room decompressed, and sound was suddenly back.

Inside, Adam could hear the sound of more creatures skittering over the metal.

Sunny did not hesitate to take a breath or give them time to rest, instead reaching out to throw open the door. Celexx stood waiting as the door opened blasting the entire room with another wave of anima energy cooking a hoard of Void Tvek alive as he did. They squealed and screamed running around in circles as fire and energy consumed them before falling to the ground charred and dead.

Adam felt his boots crunching over charred bodies as they hurried further into the facility.

Distantly, he could feel the walls and floors of the building rattle as shrapnel and debris collided with the exterior of the building.

Overhead lights blinked on and off with a pulsating blue glow.

A Rundi voice spoke incoherently overhead through some sort of automated system warning. Adam's translators were unable to pick up the message.

Their footsteps echoed up the small metal hallway, and just as they heard the grumbling and snorting of other creatures ahead, the void heard them too.

A shape bounded around the corner with its beak open in a silent scream. Adam ducked to the side and Sunny speared it down through the throat. When she ripped her spear back she left a spatter of shimmering void icor spatter across the wall in a line.

Adam covered her as the next one made it around the corner. He didn't have time to register this new creature as it bounded towards him, leaping to a height over Adam's head before crashing down towards him.

Adam stepped to the side, and lunged forward, meeting the creature mid air with his fist. The steel eye, and armor encased gauntlet drove into the void Tesraki's belly with an audible crunch. Adam felt bone and tissue give way under his fist which depressed almost three inches .

It was more than enough to devastate the void thing's internal organs, and it staggered to the side, falling to the ground.

Lord Celex had taken his turn, charging around the corner with an audible roar.

Adam and Sunny followed just in time to see him decimate a small group of Kree.

A void Drev waited for them at the end of the hall, charging at Sunny with ill intent, and towering over her by at least three feet. Sunny raced forward without hesitation, dropping to s skid on her hip underneath the charging void Drev . thrusting her spear upwards.

Adam winced, sure that the placement of that spear was illegal on at least three planets.

The Drev staggered and dropped just intime for Adam to cave its skull in with his boot.