The Pre-Conflict

The scene was a wash in red, their faces tinged bloody by the new revelations they had just been given. While Adam was still struggling to understand what he had been told, both Celex and Conn seemed wildly unperturbed. They must have come when Adam made his call not to long ago, but now as Celex and Conn drew closer, he could feel the discomfort radiating from the maker's thoughts.

Not even just discomfort but fear as well.

He looked back and forth between the two groups of them, and searching inside his thoughts Adam was shocked when, "Fight each other!?? Why would we want to do that??"

Evidently Conn and Celex had heard the same thing and were both frowning.

Ramirez, Sunny and Maverick stood in various states of hands on hips or raised eyebrows, "Care to share with the rest of the class." Ramirez said, "Some of us don't speak telepath."

Conn grinned from the darkness, his rows of many little white teeth glimmering with red light, "He seems to think we've come here to begin a conflict with you."

Celex laughed, "Thats, not quite how it works." He walked forward towards the maker who flinched as Celex threw a casual arm around him pulling him close like they were drinking buddies, "You see my dear maker friend, Adam and I are good friends. We go way back. He saved my life once you know. I mean I am dead now, but I would have been a lot sooner if it weren't for him."

Some time during the conversation, Conn had floated up behind Adam and taken him by the arm," Why would I want to be in conflict with the father of my daughter."

Adam huffed and shook conn off like he was dusting away a spider web, "What part of me being married don't you get."

"Looks to me like there is plenty of you to go around."

"Blood of the architect." Adam muttered

Up ahead the maker was still straining to lean away from Celex, who seemed to be having an immensely entertaining time bothering the maker.

"I.... you are friends....."

Celex nodded, "of course why does that surprise you so much.'

The maker blinked at him, his face a mix of both fear and confusion, "You don't remember do you.... But how can you not...."

"I haven't been back to Revelation just yet."

He looked between the group of them with an expression of pure awe and confusion. He blinked once as if trying to clear his eyes, than shook his head in complete disbelief. "This cannot be."

Images and feelings washed through Adam, all too quick or hazy for him to make out but Conn and Celex grew stiff.

Conn hummed, "Well isn't that a bitch."

Celex began to laugh, "well that does make things a bit awkward."

"Why, what is going on."

On the floor before them, the maker shivered and looked down at his hands. He continued to shake his head in something that approached disbelief, "Impetus and Incubus were always.... Sworn enemies."

What followed was silence.

Celex turned to look at Adam

Adam looked at celex.

Then both of them shrugged, "I don't remember that."

"Me neither, must not have been very important."

Following their words the Maker grew even more agitated as if this revelation was somehow a problem, "No you don't understand, they.... You can't just. Incubus fought against the maker in collusion with the void this is-"