Pretty Girl 💚💛

Request: i am BEGGING for a plus size, anxious reader who is very much attracted to her BAU bestie spencer reid, but she's too scared he wouldn't like her bc of her weight n then one day penelope has everyone going out for drinks and reader decides to wear something more form fitting to get reids attention but is too trapped in her mind to function and spencer helps her feel better.

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Plus-Size!Reader

A/N: I love this one. Talk about comfort. 🥺 Hope you like it! 💕

CW: slight angst, fluff, comfort | Mentions of Weight/unrequired love, insecurity about body, anxiety, pining, self-hate,

**********

*picture does not describe the looks of the reader***********

**********

For all my life I've been plus-sized... Well, not for all my life. I started off as a child with a normal statue, as normal as you should judge the figure of a young girl of course, but when puberty hit, it hit me harder than my pinky toe would hit the coffee table on a regular.

Suddenly I was getting a stomach, boobs, and a butt, and while I waited for the moment I'd finally grow tall enough in high so my weight and bodily proportions wouldn't be as... eye-catching, I had to wear the clothes all chubby little girls had to wear back in the days when we couldn't just simply order cute plus-size clothes online and celebrate the fact that all bodies are beautiful.

I had to wear baggy shirts, mostly from the boys' section in the store, and low-rising flared jeans hanging from my body. The motto really was to somehow cloth this unfortunately big body and hide its size away as good as possible, not to have me dressed and feel confident... or even pretty.

Most of my youth, I, therefore, had spent as the tomboy with a great personality. Only as I got older, finished college, and began working for the FBI, confidence finally came to me.

Yes, I could say it came with the gun I was now holding on the regular, or with the thankful eyes of the people whose lives I saved. But actually, it came with the friends I made along the way.

All sizes, shapes, and colors. No judgment for me, or my clothes, or appearance. It felt incredible to finally be in a safe space where I was not defined by the number on my scale.

I mostly even found my own clothing style. So I had, over time, laid my tomboy style to rest and dressed as girly as I'd like to. Nowadays I could simply go online and order a bunch of cute things in my size, I could dress in the same styles every other woman could.

That being said, I still struggled with my self-worth behind closed doors. That was why I loved the colder seasons so much. I could hide away my body like people had taught me all my life.