Rollercoaster 💛

Request: i have bpd and bipolar and when i get upset i say and do a lot of things i don't mean, sometimes it ruins relationships bc i cant control my reactions and most people don't get it. i fall in love with people so easily and it destroys me when my mental illness makes them leave. spencer and his live in gf get into a lot of minor fights that pile up, she blows up on him a lot and the day she confesses she loves him, he tells her he can't be with her anymore bc he isn't sure he can love her like this. they break up, she's destroyed, and he realizes he is in love with her.

**********

Pairing: Spencer Reid x fem!Reader

A/N: Rough one, rough. Hard on the emotions especially when you're in the spectrum like I am. I hope I represented you enough and I hope it gives you guys the most comforting comfort. Because you deserve to be loved.💕

CW: Angst & Comfort, Fluff | Mentions of Medication/Therapy, Reader is with Mental Illness (BPD, Anxiety, Bipolar), Past Self-Harm (Cutting), COVID19-Lockdown, Big Fight, Fear of Abandonment/Breakup, Crying, Mentions of consuming of Food/Drinks, Nosebleed,

**********

*picture does not describe the looks of the reader***********

**********

German novelist and poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once said, "Love grants in a moment what toil can hardly achieve in an age."

And although that might've been true for some, it definitely didn't apply to Spencer and [y/n]. Goethe had probably never meant this saying for people with mental illnesses anyway.

Love, as beautiful as it was, wasn't enough to achieve a healthy relationship.

Psychiatry describes Borderline Personality Disorder as a personality disorder characterized by impulsiveness, extreme mood swings, and often anger.

Psychiatry describes Bipolar Disorder as an affective disorder characterized by periods of mania alternating with periods of depression usually interspersed with relatively long intervals of normal mood.

The dictionary describes the word Disorder as a problem, a messy state – a lack of order or organization, or explains it as an illness that causes a part of the body to stop functioning correctly.

[y/n] did get diagnosed in college, a girl in her dormitory had noticed her scars, stemming from cutting herself. From there on the diagnosis had come rather fast and brought explanations to the vast amount of emotions and behaviors she had lived through all her life, lacking a chance of understanding what was going on, or controlling them.