A Dog Named Wanda 💚

Request: omg, i had an idea but i can't find anyone who wrote it 😭😭 could you do one where spence gets the reader a puppy (dashund, preferably) for christmas?! i love you so much xx

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader

A/N: This titles has many meanings. I want a puppy. + Love you too✨

CW: Tooth Rotting Fluff, Dogs, Christmas
**********

*picture does not describe the looks of the reader***********

**********

☀︎ POV: Spencer ☀︎

Love makes us do strange things. I'd never believed that it would happen to me, however. Both falling in love and doing strange things. Yet, here I was, at a dog sanctuary, getting a dog for the love of my life.

I didn't really like dogs – I didn't hate them either, but they were everything that I wasn't. They were extroverted, liked to go outside, eager to be with people, and didn't mind getting dirty.

Literally, everything I wasn't. But they were everything my girlfriend was.

[y/n] and I were like fire and water, like cat and... Well, dog.

People, most of the time, couldn't believe that I was blessed with a woman like her. They didn't understand how she hadn't already dumped me and gotten a guy more like her. Hell, not even I understood it, to be honest.

But there she was.
It was unbelievable to love her.

After two years of dating, we'd moved together, we'd never really spent a night apart since starting to date, anyway. We had gotten a house Derek had started to renovate and [y/n] had helped him finish it up, adding some additional built-in bookshelves for me.

The house was a do-it-yourself dream of [y/n], she painted the walls, made most of the décor, and had a vegetable patch.

I just lived there, going along with all of her plans.

Even if she would've painted everything pink, I wouldn't care.

I didn't care where and how I lived as long as it was with her.

And if I had to now also share my life with a four-legged fleabag, fine by me.

This sanctuary was a nice place, when ignoring the germs and dirty dogs jumping up your legs. It belonged to a lesbian couple solely adopting older dogs from shelters, also stray pregnant ones, making sure the mothers and puppies had the best options of finding a home.

I was not going to buy a puppy from a puppy mill or pet shop.

[y/n] would never forgive me for supporting those awful places while there were dogs that really needed somebody to love them.