Chapter 18: Ivory Dracki

Jimin was awoken by the feeling of something poking his side. A groan echoed through his throat as he rolled over, letting the warm grass warm his colder body temperature and the feeling of the other body pressed against him.

A smile touched his lips at the scent of vanilla and leather, warm and familiar since it was now mixed with his since they Bonded, fresh grass, and a spring not far from here when another scent tangled in his senses. Lemon and pine.

Another poke was landed on his side, along with a giggle that was a deep baritone, velvet and soft, and somewhat endearing. Eyes flying open, Jimin shoves himself up, staring up in shock towards what looked like a boy.

He was tall, his body lean and yet somehow, thick in a good way. His shoulders were on the broad side, long legs and endearing face. He had full cheeks, honey kissed skin that warned of constantly being outside.

His lips were full, a little freckle hidden in the right corner of his lips and on his nose. His eyes were large, one monolid and one double lid. They were a dark brown, almost black but not quite, and twinkling with mirth and mischief.

The odd part was he smelled human, yet his hair was an odd silvery-grey, bringing out the tanness of his skin. He wore simple buckskin pants, held up by a simple rope tied tightly around his waist, and a plain rough tunic with sleeves too long that were almost hiding his long hand.

His feet were bare, cuts and grime all over that spoke he has been barefoot for a while and his hair a bit too long, but trimmed somehow neatly.

The boy's eyes were wide, hand gripping a long stick as he stared in shock back towards Jimin, who stared back. Neither of them moved before the boy giggled again, dropping the stick. "You do move!" He said, voice a deep baritone from before, but smooth and somehow alluring.

"Obviously," Jimin answered, somewhat annoyed about the rude wake up call. The boy hummed but didn't seem bothered as his brown eyes flickered over Jimin's body, landing on the mark across his wrist. His head tilted. Jimin covered his wrist. "Who the hell are you? How did you get in this forest?"

"Who is anybody these days. Looks can be deceiving, can't they?" The boy asked, blinking his eyes innocently. Jimin scrunched his nose at the words, becoming a bit more weary of the boy who clucked his tongue, glancing around the sunlit canopy. "I came in the forest the way anyone does."

"That is a bit unhelpful," Jimin deadpanned. The boy hummed again, seeming to lose interest as he glanced towards Jeongguk, still sleeping peacefully across the grass. Feeling protective, he leaned over Jeongguk's sleeping body and rumbled low in his chest. "Ah, so you are a Companion."

"Yes," Jimin replied hastily. The boy hummed, seeming content as he kneeled close, head tilted as he looked between them. Jimin growled low but the boy only laughed, seeming to be unperturbed by the idea of a Dracki. Jimin's brow furrowed. "Do you not realize what I am?"

"A Dracki. A creature of the skies or whatnot," the boy answered, his smile as bright as before as he giggled. "Aware I am."

"You seem... calm."

"Should I not be?" He asked, lips pursed in question. Jimin didn't answer as the boy huffed, brushing his silver hair from his eyes and looking around. "So, what brings you here?" The boy straightened, approaching the tree and rubbing the root gently with a soft palm.

Jimin could only stare as the root shifted in the dirt, moving like a ghost as it glowed before a soft fruit puttered to the ground, rolling beside his bare foot. The boy beamed, thanking the the tree before he faced the Dracki.

"How did you...? You're human!" Jimin breathed, surprised. The boy shrugged, touching the apple with a long nail before he walked over and handed it towards Jimin. The Dracki hesitated, staring at the fruit and then back towards the boy.