Chapter 1

✨flashback✨-9pm-It was a cold winters day in the northern part of Japan

✨flashback✨
-9pm-
It was a cold winters day in the northern part of Japan. In a city called Sapporo, people hurriedly rush to their warm and comfy houses. Because a blizzard is supposed to be happening tonight on December 12, but there was one person that was rushing anywhere. It was a little girl in an ally way celebrating her birthday in the cold. She was lonely, scared, hungry, and shivering. This five year old girl only had the clothes on her back and a tattered old blanket that she found on the side of the road near the garage. 'I wish mommy and daddy were here...they always made things better.' She thinks to herself as she tries to move to get up, but as she does so the little warmth her body had escapes and is quickly taken over by the blistering chilling winds. "Someone.....please help!" She barely yells not have the strength to say it any louder as a multitude of figures pass by the entrance of the alleyway. 'Any I going to die here....I'm so cold...why is no one helping?.....can no one hear me?.....can no one see me?' This thoughts ran rapid throughout her mind as she slowly starts to lose her ability to stay awake any longer. As her vision fades she gets hazy glimpses of a tall male figure approaching her, she feels herself being lifted up and....for the first time in months she feels another person's warmth. Once she felt this man's body heat, she cling on to his coat to which it slightly startled the man, but at the same time her was relieved that she had a little strength left to cling to him. He took her and the things he was holding out of the alleyway and the nearest train station, after the walk he sits himself on a seat and this little girl on another, he then wraps the sleeping girl in his coat for more warmth. As they ride in they ride in the heated train-car he wonders how a five year old manages to get into an alleyway and then he wonders how long she in that alleyway. "You poor little thing....." he says with a sorrowful look on his face as he stares at her small curled up figure wrapped in his coat and a tattered old blanket.

-3am-

It has been a few hours and the little girl wakes up in a new and warm location. Which for anyone would be shocking and or startling; she looks around the new room and concludes it's a bed room of sorts. "Oh good, you're awake I was getting worried that you wouldn't wake up." Says a voice in the door way, she looks over and notices this the figure from before. "Who are you? And where am I?" She asked finding her strength back as she speaks. "I am Ōgai Mori, and you are in my home. Honestly it's a miracle that I found you when I did little one." He says as he looks at the little girl in bed. "Little one?!? I'm not that little I am dis many sir." She says with a pout as she holds up her hand showing off five dirty fingers, but quickly changes to six because it was her birthday. He can't help but chuckle a little at this, finding a tiny bit of humor in her words and actions. "What are you laughing at mister?" She asked as she continues to pout. "Oh nothing little one, I just have a question." He says as his face turns stone cold and goes to sit on the bed she is sitting in. "Wh-what is it mister....?" She asked getting scared at how serious he just got with her. "How does a young girl like yourself end up in a bad place like that?" He asked her about the alleyway situation. "Oh you mean the cold place? Well I got there because I went searching for mommy and daddy....I haven't found them yet...they've been gone a long time." She says as she begins to get sad thinking about it. "Oh...well what if I help you with that little one, it will make things go faster don't you think?" He asked her as he fully turns to look at her. "Eh?!??! R-Really mister?!??!? Wow!!!" She says smiling happily and brightly which slightly melts his cold black heart. "Sure sweetie, but under on condition." He says holding up his pointer finger to indicate one to the little girl. She nods slightly understanding "what is is mister?" She asked with slight tired enthusiasm. He chuckles slightly again "you have to tell me your name sweetie." He says with a tiny smile which makes her slightly uncomfortable because it looks fake. "Oh that's easy stuff mister, my name is Helena G. Wells." She says with a big smile on her face. "Helena huh? Well then Helena we're now partners in this case to find your parents." He says with that tiny smile again. In response to this Helena smiles softly.

✨present day✨

"And that's how I was unofficially adopted as Mori-San's daughter ." A now 21 year old Helena smiles as she finishes her short story of one part of her past. "Are you even listening Lilith?" She asks as a white cat with blue eyes meows up at her. She sighs and picks up the cat "this is so sad....the only living thing I'm able to talk to is a cat that.....he gave me" she says as she slowly starts getting sad about this him from her past. Lilith the cat notices and jumps into action with comforting cuddles and purring. Helena smiles softly at this and gently pets the white fur ball that is her cat that decided that she would settle into her lap today. As she pets her loving animal she starts working/ writing in her notes. Once she is mid-way through her notes she hears her lab door open. "Shiro I would like you to meet someone one. Meet Helena G. Hells our little secret weapon and my daughter." Mori - San aka her adoptive father told a male that looked around her age with interesting black hair with purple and red highlights. "Oh it's a pleasure, to meet you I guess." The male known as Shiro said with makes Helena giggle "hello there~" she says putting on the insane persona on. "You two will be working together on a personal project of Shiro's , which is to retrieve his sister Rin. Though it is Shiro's personal plans, I'm making you in charge Helena." Mori says as Shiro makes a shocked face "WHAT?!?!" He says with causes Helena to laugh "oh~ how wonderful ~ I can't wait." She says with a maniacal smile.