Chapter 7

✨ Revenge and Mercy ✨

It's been two days since Helena was planning for the big attack and today is the day. "Shiro! Are you ready or are you still getting prepared?" Helena says to the man on the other side of the door getting slightly annoyed about why he is taking so long. Shiro opens the door and looks at her with an annoyed look "just shut up you bitch. Let's just get this over with..." he shoulder bumps her as he passes by her. "Yeah sure, I'm the bitchy one here." She mumbles as she follows behind him.

-a a few hours later-

They wait carefully for the perfect time to strike the agency. Helena feels conflicted about this solely because of past feelings of one person getting in the way. She tries to hide, but Shiro notices the tiniest bit of sadness. "What's that look for? You having second thoughts?" He asked smugly. "What are talking about? Of course, know you idiot son of a bitch." She says with a cold expression as she looks at the building waiting to strike. "Tch, whatever do you see anything?" He asked. "Not or would have given you the signal." She says getting annoyed. Shiro gets annoyed and walks away slightly to get some space. Helena watches the building and watches as the lights slowly go out. In the meantime she watches as couples and groups of friends walk down the street laughing, smiling, and being happy. She misses that...but it's not in the cards for her to be happy, the one time she was it crashed and burned. To distract herself from the meaningless thoughts she looks up at the building and notices that all the lights were out. "It's going time bitch boy." She says to him. "Alright, alright shut up." He says annoyed.
_______________________

   Tap. Tap."Huh?" What's going on?!" Atsushi asked looking around frantically."They're early..." Kotori said standing up and walking over to the window. She slowly pulled back the curtain to peer outside. Below on street two dark figures stood looking up."What the.." Kotori started."What is it?" Atsushi asked. Kotori's eyes widened as she turned around and tackled Atsushi to the floor just as soon as a bullet flew through the window. Atsushi stood from the ground and helped Kotori up to her feet."You ready?" She asked. He smirked."I'm glad you kept the lights off."The door busted down to reveal two figures standing in the doorway."Ohoho~ I guess you two are smarter than you look." Dr. Wells giggled. Then her demeanor changed, giving herself a frown."Shiro, go." She said grimly. Shiro nodded and started sprinting in their direction."Atsushi! Don't let him touch you!" Kotori shouted activating her ability."Got it!" Atsushi said using his tiger legs to propel himself from Shiro's direction. Atsushi skillfully bounced off the walls leading Shiro to a tripwire."Shiro jump!" Wells shouted, giving him a warning. Kotori snickered."What's so funny?" Wells asked directing her attention back to Kotori."You suck at research." She said blending herself into the shadows of the room."Oh, I see~ That's how it is." She giggled pulling out a vile of blue liquid."Whenever she drinks this potion, it makes her completely invisible to the human eye for 20 minutes at a time."  Kunikida informed Kotori as she stood in the infirmary before heading home."So there's no way to see her at all in those 20 minutes...?"Not necessarily, hence that's why in the plan you and Atsushi hide two pairs of infrared night vision goggles. Put them where you'll be able to get to the easiest."Kotori used her ability to sneak up to the rafters and pulled out the goggles and tossed one to Atsushi."What the fuck-" Shiro was cut off by Atsushi smacking him with a frying pan. Wells panicked and drank her potion to give herself some kind of defense. Kotori activated her goggles and Atsushi did the same. She jumped out from above landing on Wells's shoulders, wrestling with her and leading her to a tripwire. If Kunikida's predictions are right...Wells jumped at the surprise of the tripwire, causing Kotori to jump up and back into the shadow of the rafters making her way to Shiro. Red paint fell from the top shelf and onto Wells, coating her with it."Atsushi!" Kotori shouted as they switched positions. Wells looked at her hands and trembled slightly."Wha...ho...how?" She whispered to herself."Sorry, not much of a fan of hitting girls!" Atsushi said as he lifted his leg landing a roundhouse kick causing her to hit the wall and fall to the floor. Kotori smiled to herself watching Shiro panic as he was struggling to find a light switch of sorts. She snuck up behind him and tapped his shoulder with her tail."Best be glad that the agency has enough funding to pay for our power~" Kotori chuckled knocking him upside his head and knocking him to the floor. Shiro heaved and panted. He knelt onto one knee."I wouldn't try anything if I were you..." Kotori said getting into a stance."I...will not let...the boss down..." Shiro growled as he turned and lunged. WHACK! "...uh...." Kotori was speechless as Shiro fell back down to the floor, currently unconscious."Aha! I'm getting good with this!" Atsushi cheered looking at the frying pan. Kotori rolled her eyes."Let's get them out of here-" she began but looked down to see Shiro grinning up at her. He had his arm wrapped around her ankle."ATSUSHI THE PAPER!" Kotori screamed before collapsing to the floor. Atsushi scrambled to the paper and ripped off the small scribble. Swarms of teal light filled up the room. Helena uses this as her escape as she tries to not have a psychotic break. On her way out she runs into the one person she didn't want to see right now ".....Dazai." She says say tears fall from her eyes because she knows this is where it ends. "Helena I-" he says but gets cut off "don't you dare. Just take me in already " She says  "I'm not going to, I'm giving you one more chance. That meeting you want...tomorrow 10 pm at the usual spot we used to go to." He says as he opens the window. She nods and escapes through the window.
________________________

   Helena runs through the streets heading back to the PM headquarters, But unbeknownst to her, there was a gray and cyan ragdoll cat with a big smile watching the whole time. "Curiouser and Curiouser...this just got a whole lot more interesting." He says with a low chuckle and a large smile as he transforms back into a human, looking down as Helena runs down the street.