Adjusting to Brad

NOTE: Italics are the narrations from Brad

Here's a question for you: what do kids need more?

A father or a dad?

What's the difference?

The way I see it, darn near anyone can be a father, but not everyone has the patience or the devotion to be a dad.

As for me, I've always wanted to be a dad. Let me tell you, I love it!

And I love my Ford Flex. It treats me to a smooth ride, and you know what? It didn't break the bank.

Room enough for the whole family.

Yes, I love being a dad. And I love these three adorable little rays of sunshine.

Okay. I'm not their real dad. I'm their stepdad.

I actually can't father my own children, ever since I hit a little snafu at a dental office.

Ever since then, my testicles have been more decorative than anything else. And I thought I'd never have a family, until I met a stunning mom named Sara.

Would you look at her? I am one lucky so-and-so. I hit the jackpot.

"Hey, Dylan! Good morning!" a man greets, enthusiastically, over to a little boy in glasses and a Los Angeles Lakers sweatshirt.

"Whatever." he replies in monotone as he barely acknowledges his presence.

A little girl in pigtails rounds the corner and stops over at Brad.

"Good morning, Mr. Whitaker." the little girl greets him. At the same time, a teenager comes into the kitchen, just getting a run in.

"Good morning, Megan, Stella." he greets the girls.

"Hi." Stella greets him, brashly, as she fixes herself a cup of coffee.

It's not like Stella dislikes Brad, she just thinks he is trying too hard to a point where she finds him annoying, and she is guarded because she is afraid that he might desert her mom and her younger siblings, just like what her dad did time and time again.

"Can you please put this on the fridge?" Megan asks as she hands him a family drawing that Megan did.

"Well, sure. Did you do another drawing of our family?" Brad asks her as he looks over the drawing.

"Uh-huh. That's me and Dylan and Stella and Mommy." Megan explains to him. "So great." he compliments.

"And over here, far, far away is you." Megan concludes. "Oh. And am I wearing a baseball cap?" Brad asks. Stella peers over their shoulders to see

"That's a knife in your head 'cause I was killing you in the eye." Megan explains. Stella bites back a laugh as she makes her way towards the dining room table.

Brad didn't know what to say. "Oh, I see. Well, I love how you drew my hair."

"That's poop." Megan tells him.

"Well, it's well-drawn. Is it dog poop?" Brad asks, causing Stella to scrunch up her nose. Why he would ask that she will never know. "That's homeless man poop." Megan tells him.

The three siblings ate their breakfast, and after placing their dishes in the dishwasher, Stella gives Dylan and Megan their lunches. Stella keeps "forgetting" her lunch because no matter how many times that she tells Brad, he doesn't need to make lunch for her.

Knowing that her boyfriend is going to be at her house any moment, she got into the shower and got ready for school. As she is about to rush out the door, Brad speaks up.

"Do you want me to give you a ride to school, Stella?" he asks her. "I already have a ride." she rushes out, not sparing him a glance, as she gets out the front door.

Stella races down to her boyfriend, who lifts her up her feet. "Hi there, Star." he says to her. "Hi." she responds. While she got on her boyfriend's motorcycle, her mom saw her do that and she caught Kai's eye.

"Hi, Mama Whitaker!" he exclaims over to her, in which she gives a stiff wave over to him.

Sara is not that fond of Kai, mainly because he reminds her a lot of Dusty, but Stella's happiness is what matters for Sara, and if it's with Kai, she has no room to complain.

As they get to school, a crumpled up piece of paper is chucked into their direction.

"Lost Girl, Bender, get your asses over here." she hears the voice of one of her best friends, Ryan Quill, announce over to her. A smile replaces her earlier scowl as she makes her way towards her friends.

They resort to calling her 'Lost Girl' because the girl's name in The Lost Boys is named Star, and because her name is the Latin meaning of Star, they have been calling her Lost Girl ever since. And they have been referring to Kai as Bender mainly because his demeanor reminds the crew of John Bender from The Breakfast Club.

Jeff Dykstra and Tessa Bauer are all wrapped up in each other's arms while Ryan passes Shawn Silver a joint.

"We missed you yesterday." Shawn speaks up, handing her the joint and she takes a hit of it before passing it to Kai. "Sorry. I was on babysitting duty. Mom and Brad wanted to go on a date." Stella defends herself.

"That reminds me, what did Mini Stella do for the drawing?" Jeff asks her.

"A knife going into his eye with homeless man shit on his head." Stella responds to him, causing Tessa to furrow her eyebrows.

"You know, Elle, maybe you should give this guy a chance. I mean, it sounds like he's trying." Tessa tells her.

Out of all of them, Tessa is the one with a kind heart and in a way, she cannot relate to Stella and her rebellious ways because she is seemingly the only one that doesn't have any parental issues.

"Too hard, Tess. He sounds like a little bitch that is trying too hard." Ryan tells her, earning a slap on his large shoulder from Shawn.

"And besides, Tess, the last thing I need is a dad to fucking bail on me again." Stella tells Tessa as the bell rings.