Birthday...and Christmas

Brad has been chirpier than he ever has before, and from what Stella has overheard, he might have a shot at being a dad.

In the aftermath, Stella wakes up to her 17th birthday. She is surprised that her dad has managed to stay this long to see her birthday come. A knock on her window is present and she opens it so her boyfriend can fit through.

"Happy birthday, princess." Kai says to her as he gives her a long kiss. "Thanks, babe." Stella smiles.

"I got you something." Kai tells her as he pulls out a box from the pocket of his leather jacket. Stella opens up to be a necklace with a silver coyote pendant.

"Kai, I can't take this." she tells him, knowing full well of his money issues. "No. It's your birthday." he tells her as he takes the necklace out of the box.

Stella turns around and moves her hair to one side, so Kai can place it around her neck. Before the couple goes downstairs, Stella takes her daily Claritin to get through the day.

As Stella and Kai leave their room, Dylan and Megan also leave their room.

"Kai!" they cheerfully greet them. "Hey, squirts." he responds, hugging them. He lifts up Megan and places her on his hip as the four walk down the stairs.

They all look around in confusion, seeing that there are Christmas decorations up in the middle of April. Kai sets Megan down as they see the illuminated Christmas tree with presents scattered around it.

"Christmas already? Why didn't anybody tell me?" Megan asks out loud.

"It's not. It's Stella's birthday. And it's the middle of April." Dylan points out.

"Wow. Stella's gonna have twice the amount of presents." Megan marvels out as the two of them rush over to the wrapped up presents.

"I swear, all of that was not here when you last stayed over." Stella insists to Kai.

"Daddy must have done this." Dylan thinks out loud.

"Ho, ho, ho! No, he didn't!" The four hear and they look over to see Brad in a Santa suit.

"This would definitely be someone's fever dream." Kai mutters over to Stella.

"Brad?" Sara asks out loud, just as confused as her teenage daughter and her boyfriend. Dusty joins in too, and him being confused did not help any matters.

"Claus is the name. Santa Claus, if you please." Brad tells her. "But this Brad you speak of called me all the way up at the North Pole. He said his children were so sad because their biological father had missed so many Christmases and birthdays and special family holidays."

"Never did I once complain." Stella voices out, raising her hand in protest.

"...so he asked me to come here today so that Dusty could experience one Christmas with his kids before he leaves again. Probably for a long, long time." Brad continues.

Kai just hands his girlfriend one of the presents to open (which revealed to be new makeup brushes), and he does not blame her for being mad.

This is her birthday, and it is being used for yet another dick measuring contest between Brad and her biological father.

"Can we open presents?" Megan asks.

"You sure can, little girl." Brad responds to her. "I think they're from Brad."

"In fact, all the presents are from Brad." he adds pointedly to a dejected Dusty. "Let's see if any of the presents are from Dusty. Nope. Not one present from Dusty. All from Brad."

"Hey, kids, let's not forget who got you a dog. Remember?" Dusty reminds the two that are opening up presents as if it is the last day to ever do so.

"Hey, Tumor! Stop humping Mrs. Claus!" Dusty scolds the dog, who was doing, well, just that.

"Ah, yes, the flea-ridden dog that I am highly allergic to." Stella points out, leaning into the embrace of Kai.

"Okay, I am officially worried about you." Sara voices out her concerns.

"Don't worry, Claus hasn't forgotten you." Brad tells her as he gives her a ring box. Sara opens it to reveal a very beautiful ring. She gasps at the sight of it.

"Oh, my God, honey, it's beautiful! I love it!" she marvels before getting back to reality. "Wait, no! No! No, no. It's too much."

The dog begins to bark. "Oh, no, it looks like Tumor's given away Megan's big gift." Brad says as he temporarily leaves the living room.

When Brad does return, he does so with a pony in tow.

Megan screams in excitement as she rushes towards the pony. As Megan was jumping up and down in excitement, Brad does so also, and so does Dylan, though he doesn't know what is going on.

"It's a pony, Dusty! A pony!" Brad brags to Dusty.

"Can we name her Princess Elsa?" Megan asks.

"You can name it whatever you want, because it's yours!" Brad tells her. "Yay!" Megan yells out in excitement.

Stella is in disbelief about the fact that there is a fucking pony in her living room. "How on Earth could you afford that?" she asks.

Sara is just in disbelief, if not more, than her daughter. "Where are we even going to put that thing?" Sara asks what Stella was thinking.

"I can clear out some stable space in the garage." Brad compromises as Dylan and Began are petting the pony. "Look, it's only half a horse. Okay? Think of it like a big dog, only a lot better."

Stella now just wants to celebrate her birthday with her friends, so she was going to get herself a Greek yogurt when she notices an envelope with a ribbon on it, and it is addressed to her.

"What's this? What the heck?" Brad then asks, pulling out something that reveals to be tickets. "It's tickets to tonight's NBA playoff game against Dylan's favorite team, the Los Angeles Lakers?"

There is a scream that comes out from out of the kitchen. Kai rushes over, just in case his girlfriend is hurt, but it was the exact opposite.

"It looks like it is Stella's birthday today. Brad told me that he received a letter from the University of Michigan. I wonder what it is." Brad wonders as everyone is now going over to the kitchen.

"I got in! I got in! I got in!" Stella screams in excitement as she hugs her boyfriend tightly.

"Wait a minute, Stella, that's across the country." Dusty points out.

"Yeah, but I'm attending the cheerleading program over the summer and then I'm leaving when I start college." Stella claims.

"And so you can get yourself to and from campus." Brad continues, dangling keys.

"No. No way." Stella says out loud, taking the keys from Brad and leaving the front door to see a black 2009 Dodge Challenger outside with a big red ribbon on top of it.

"Holy shit!" she screams before hugging Brad. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she cries out before going over to admire the car. Kai whistles as he admires the car as well. "A 2009 Dodge Challenger. You know your cars."

"You got her a car?" Sara asks in disbelief. "Look, she's a teenage girl. She has a license, but she doesn't have a car." Brad points out.

"Thanks, Brad! You're the coolest!" Dylan thanks Brad before hugging him. "I love you, Brad!" Megan says as she hugs him as well.

"Not bad. Not bad at all." Dusty mutters.

"Merry Christmas, Whitaker family." Brad breathes out.

"Christmas?" Griff asks as he steps outside, a blanket covering his body. "How long was I asleep for?"