Dumbassery At Its Best

Within the aftermath of the basketball game between the Coyotes and the Scorpions, the atmosphere at Stella's school is at an euphoric level.

While walking home from school, she is befuddled as she sees kids around Dylan's age running out from the backyard.

She follows Brad to the backyard where the treehouse is built and kids are climbing it. "Brad! Star! Look what dad did! He finished the treehouse for Brad!" Dylan excitedly exclaims over to his sister and step-dad.

"Hey, B-Man! Shining Star!" Dusty greets them as he gets on a zipline. Stella steps out of the way, unlike Brad, who Dusty just collides into.

Dusty apologizes and asks if Brad is alright as he helps him up. 'Wow. Pretty cool zipline." Brad comments. "You like that? It's military grade. What do you think about it, Stella?" Dusty asks.

"Please don't talk to me." Stella simply responds.

"You built all this today? With my tools?" Brad asks, causing Stella to be confused. She cannot recall a time within his and her mom's relationship where he picked up a hammer or used a screwdriver.

"When did you own tools?" Stella asks.

"No, you can't build a treehouse with a tampon, Brad." Dusty tells him, causing Stella to be more disturbed than she already is. "No. I had a little bit of help."

Why Brad has a tampon in his toolbox she will never know.

She was about to go inside until there was the sight of a halfpipe smack dab in the middle of her backyard.

"Why the fuck is there a halfpipe in the backyard?" Stella hisses out to her dad.

"I know it's taking up a lot of the yard, but it's gonna make the house the coolest place in the neighborhood." Dusty tries to reassure Stella and Brad.

Brad and Dusty were still conversing when the oldest Mayron daughter proclaimed to herself, "I am never having friends back here ever again."

"Hey, Mr. Mayron, you want next?" Nicholas, a friend of Dylan's, asks him.

"Nicholas, please, it's Dusty. And yes, I do." Dusty tells him as he gets on top of the halfpipe.

"I'm gonna dedicate this run to my future X-Games champs, Stella, Dylan, and Megan. This is for you!" Dusty announces.

"I don't know this man. I've never seen him before in my life." Stella says out loud as she walks inside of her house.

Stella was just raiding the fridge when her mom approached her. "Stella, sweetheart, what is going on out there?" she asks.

"Dad finished the treehouse for Dylan and built a halfpipe in the backyard." she honestly tells her mom.

Sara did not want to believe her at first, but she knew that her oldest daughter wouldn't lie to her, so she was caught a little off-guard when she saw Dusty skating up and down the halfpipe.

"Okay. Who's got next?" Dusty asks. "I do!" the voice of Brad bellows out.

"Look!" another one of Dylan and Megan's friends from school screams out while pointing up at the roof.

"Did you know that he can skate?" Stella asks her mom, not knowing why her step-dad is on the roof and holding a skateboard. All Sara could do is shake her head no.

"Some cute little tricks there, Dusty. Really adorable." Brad taunts.

"Hey, who'd like to see how we used to do it back in the empty pools of Encino, Castaic, Irvine, Long Beach?" he then asks the kids from down below.

"Santa Clarita, Santa Cruz, Fremont?" Brad continues to list off.

"Honey, no, please come down." Sara pleads with her husband. "He's really tempting fate right now." Stella mutters to herself.

"I intend to, sister." Brad responds to Sara.

Brad then skateboards off of the roof and onto the halfpipe. However, when he skated upwards, he got electrocuted by the electrical wiring, causing Sara to scream out in horror.

Stella acted on instinct by turning Dylan and Megan away and covering their eyes.

"Oh, my God! Brad!" Sara screams out as she runs to his unconscious body. Dusty slides down the halfpipe and stops her.

"No, it's best not to touch him." Dusty tells her. "Wait a second."

"What do you mean, don't touch him? He's in trouble." Sara incredulously tells her ex-husband.

"Look, I know he's in trouble." Dusty starts.

"You think?" Stella rhetorically asks. Dusty chooses to ignore her remark.

"But if there's a problem, who do you want to be in charge?" Dusty asks. "You?" Sara responds, but it was more in the form of a question than a firm response.

"Okay. All right, guys, we have an emergency situation. And what's the first thing we do? Anybody?" Dusty then starts lecturing the kids and Stella in the backyard.

"You, redhead?" Dusty asks one of the kids. "Call 911." he responds. "Close. But wrong." he tells him.

"First thing we do is remain calm. The 911 operator can't understand you if you're hysterical, okay? So let's all take a deep breath. In for ten..." Dusty was about to go through some deep breathing exercises until an irritated Sara stops him.

"Are you kidding me right now? Help him!" she snaps at him.

"Hey, that doesn't sound calm, Sara. Now, please, call 911 and relay to the dispatcher what happened calmly, okay?" Dusty instructs Sara as she does just that.

"Anybody know what we do next?" Dusty then asks everyone. "Um, check for pulse." Dylan answers.

"Nice! My star pupil! Come on up here." he praises Dylan as he comes up onto the halfpipe.

"Two fingers on the neck, right below the ear. Good. You feel a heartbeat?" Dusty asks his only son, who just shakes his head.

"Okay, now that means that Brad here is now clinically...Anybody?" Dusty asks as kids are now raising their hands.

"You, Jean Jacket." Dusty calls out. "Dead?" the kid in the jean jacket responds. "Attaboy, Jean Jacket. You're a smart kid." Dusty praises.

"So what do we do? Come one, we're losing him here." Dusty engages with the kids.

"We honestly have no time for this to be some kind of school lecture." Stella says out loud as she walks away from it all to be near her mom to act as some kind of comfort.

"Dusty, hurry!" Sara yells at him, having zero patience whatsoever, as Megan was trying to do chest compressions on Brad.

However, Dusty only did one for Brad to be conscious again. While the kids cheered, Stella just went inside to avoid everything.

Honestly, whatever rivalry is going on between her dad and step-dad, she can conclude that it is going to lead to dumbassery at its best.

At this point forward, Stella makes another vow to herself: she will resent Brad until the day she dies if she leaves her mom and her siblings.