Battle of the Showoffs

Like all of Stella's days have been since basketball season, it was all capped off with a brutal cheerleading practice. This Friday is the penultimate basketball game that would consider it to be the fate for the basketball team making it to the championship game.

Stella and Tessa have their pinkies interlocked as they exit the school's gymnasium. "Love you, Elle." Tessa parts off. "Love you, Tess." Stella repeats as they let go of each others' pinkies.

While she started her journey home, she was lifted off of her feet by the familiar strong arms of her boyfriend. She lets out a little squeal before combusting into laughter as she is swung around in his arms.

She turns around and slaps Kai's chest. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm wounded, princess. How else shall I show you my love?" he joked around as he passionately pecked Stella on the lips.

"Note that I am totally not complaining, but where's your motorcycle?" Stella asks as they are walking down the sidewalk, hand-in-hand.

"Ah, gotta get the brake pads replaced. Major chunk of the paycheck is going into that." Kai explains to her.

As they continue to journey towards Stella's house, she rounds over to the house just in time to see a man storm out of the door with Brad profusely following him. From what she observes from his van, his name is Griff and he was working on the damage that has been done to the house.

"Either my father did this or Brad did this." Stella deduces. "Wouldn't be surprised if it's both." Kai notes.

Kai then walks her up to the brick pathway that would lead up to her house. "See you tomorrow, princess." Kai parts with a kiss on the back of her hand as he walks off. Stella, flushed in pink, walks up to the house.

The whole ordeal between Kai and Stella did not go unnoticed by Dusty. "Who is that?" he asks Stella, sternly.

The high school cheerleader just narrows her eyes at her father. "Does it matter?" she bites back as she enters the house.

"If it involves my daughter, it does matter!" he yells after her as she is traversing up the stairs. Stella whips around to face her father, glaring heatedly.

"Get this through your head, I'm 16, not 6. I'm not a child anymore. Get over it." she snarls out as she continues up the stairs.

As soon as she gets into her room, back against the door, Stella inhales a deep breath, attempting to get her frustration and anger in check.

After all these years, and now he wants to play concerned dad? Not on Stella's watch.

Later that night, Stella is doing homework while she has The Vampire Diaries playing in the background. When she finished her Physics homework, she slips on her Stitch slippers and heads out of her bedroom and into the kitchen to get a little snack.

She walks past the shared bedroom of Dylan and Megan, rolling her eyes once she hears her dad tell the same story of 'the King and the Step-King'. She grabs a mixed berry Greek yogurt, and once she finishes that, she heads back upstairs.

Unbeknownst to her, she didn't know what the end of the week would be like. Because the following day, her step-dad was trying to show off and one-up her father.

On Friday night, the basketball game is that night.

The gymnasium is filled to the brink with everyone clad in black and gold. Chants of 'Coyotes!' amplifies the place as the cheerleaders, which includes Stella and Tessa, are doing the synchronized dance for the crowd while the band loudly plays 'Land of 1000 Dances'.

Once the Mayrons plus Brad enter the gymnasium, Brad immediately knows where to sit so they can have a clear view of Stella. Dusty furrows his eyebrows in confusion, clearly knowing that Brad has been to one of these events before.

Throughout the game, it has been a close one between the Coyotes and their opponents, the Scorpions. Around halftime, the Scorpions were leading 68 to 60.

"Please give a hand for your future Nationals champions, our Coyotes Cheerleaders!" the announcer announces, causing the crowd to scream their heads off as the girls in black and gold are rolling out the cheer mats and getting to the center of the basketball court.

"There's Stella!" Megan exclaims in excitement. "Yes, let's go Coyotes! Even though they are very dangerous." Brad exclaims, only getting quieter at the last part.

*imagine Stella as one of the Flyers and Tessa as one of the Bases*

Everyone screams out in cheers, including the family of one Stella Mayron. All, but Dusty, who is just speechless. He never knew what his oldest daughter had been up to.

"She was in the air more than last time." Brad observes, giving Dusty a smug look. That only causes Dusty to look down at his lap. Where did all of that time with Stella go?

As if it was a spark, the Coyotes are on a roll, catching up to the Scorpions and towards the tail-end of the game, it is all tied up at 70. As if time was slowing down, Shawn shoots and gets a three-pointer as the buzzer signals the game to end.

Everyone is now combusting into cheers. The Coyotes are making it to the Championship game.

While everyone is now piling out of the gymnasium, most likely to celebrate, Stella was about to leave after changing back into her normal clothes when she hears the jovial yells of her name and little arms being wrapped around her waist.

"Hey, monkeys." she greets with a smile as she hugs them back. "You were so awesome out there." Dylan marvels. "Yeah, you were flying like an angel!" Megan exclaims, excitedly jumping up and down. She leads her two youngest siblings towards their parents and step-dad.

"You were amazing out there, sweetie." Sara tells her daughter as she gives her a hug.

"Hey, so my friends and I are gonna go celebrate. Is it okay if I go?" Stella asks. Sara is about to speak up, but Brad steps in. "Of course you can, sweetie." he tells her.

"A-Are you sure, Brad?" Sara asks her husband. Normally, Brad says no, because he wants her to only celebrate with the family.

"Yeah. I'm positive. Let teens be teens." Brad assures her, peering over at Dusty, who just looks on longingly as his daughter gleefully joins her friends.

However, Dusty needs to keep an eye on the one guy that is hugging his daughter longer than usual. The same one that was with Stella the other day.