Dusty Mayron

Stella feels blessed that she got reinvested into cheerleading, because it was her excuse to not see Dusty.

Including her, four of the people in her friend group are athletes:

Tessa, a former gymnast, joins Stella as being a fellow Cheerleader.

Ryan is on the Football team, who is currently in the middle of their offseason.

Shawn is on the Basketball team, who are now army-crawling their way towards the championship.

Because of the recent success of the Basketball team, Cheerleading practice was going longer than usual, because they need to bring in 110% of their best efforts.

They were going over a routine while the captain looked on. "Eh, mediocre. Practice is over, ladies. Hit the showers!"

"I'm literally gonna get violent with Ginny Baker, I swear." Tessa hisses to Stella.

"Look, this is something that is between you two. No way am I getting in the middle of it." Stella voices out.

After changing out of her sweaty practice clothes, she is now babysitting a 12-year old girl named Adrianna. Because of her past experience with helping her mom raise Dylan and Megan, she would do some babysitting from time to time to make some quick money.

"You're a cheerleader, right?" Adrianna asks as Stella is helping her out with some of her Math homework. "Yes..."

"Can you teach me?" Adrianna pleads, using the puppy eyes that Stella is all too familiar with.

"Okay, how about this, if we can get through this worksheet, then maybe I can teach you some basic motions. How about that?" Stella compromises to an eager Adrianna.

They were able to get through Adrianna's time tables with ease, so that means Stella keeps up to their promise and begins to show her some of the motions.

"Okay, so can you show me the High V..." Stella instructs Adrianna, and the girl puts her arms up in the V formation.

"Show me Low V..." Stella instructs once again, Adrianna's arms still in the V formation just pointing downwards.

The two girls hear the rumbling of a motorcycle, letting them know that Roger, Adrianna's dad, is here.

Roger and his ex-wife Karen, whom he had an amicable split with, have joint custody of Adrianna, so Adrianna has a healthy relationship with both parents.

While Stella is putting on her Varsity jacket and grabbing all of her stuff, Adrianna is already rushing out of the front door to greet her dad.

Stella meets up with Roger before leaving the house. "Thank you for watching over Adrianna." Roger thanks her as he gives her the money. "No problem." Stella replies with a smile.

"Can you teach me all of the cool stunts?" Adrianna asks. "That's something to ask your parents about." Stella responds as she says her good-byes to the father and daughter as she is now on her walk home.

Upon coming up to the house, she spots a familiar black Indian motorcycle. "Fuck, he's here." Stella breathes to herself as she releases a shaky breath.

No, that deadbeat prick is not going to get the best of her.

All she needs to do is sneak inside and hope that no one can see her.

Quietly, she opens the door and begins to quietly tiptoe inside and close the door, very quietly. Her plan is going perfect, until...

"Stella!" she hears the jovial yells as she is bombarded into a hug. "Hey, guys!"

"Did you see daddy's motorcycle? Isn't it cool?" Megan is asking in excitement. "Yeah, sure it is." Stella breathes out before coming down to their level.

"Listen, sissy is very tired, so she is going upstairs for bed, okay? I love you monkeys so much, and I will see you in the morning, okay?" she tells them, lightly tapping them on their noses.

"Good night, Stella." Dylan tells her before tackling her in a hug. "We love you, Stella." Megan adds in, joining in on the hug.

"Hey, Elles Bells, wanna say hi to your old man." she hears Dusty, but she opts to ignore him as she grabs her black and gold duffle bag and heads upstairs.

That left Dusty all confused. She's his daughter. The least she could do is to greet her dad.

After a bedtime story that seems to be passive aggressive against Brad, the two say good night to the kids, trying to one-up each other, with the ending result of Brad being in shock about Dusty bribing his kids with money.

"I don't know if that's appropriate." Brad comments as Dusty is handing his kids $20. "Ah, don't worry about it. Works on Stella all the time." Dusty brushes off.

As the two exit the kids' shared bedroom, Brad and Dusty hear talking. "I'm not getting into this rivalry that you have with Ginny Baker, Theresa Bauer. I'm sorry." they hear Dusty's teenage daughter.

Brad quietly walks over to the door that is cracked open that is Stella's bedroom. She has her phone on speaker as she pulls her hair up into a messy bun.

"You have to see it to believe it, Ella. She was all like 'Hey, I like your shirt.' and he was like 'Thank you.' with that dumb cute smile of his." he hears Tessa Bauer rant over the phone.

Out of all of Stella's friends, Sara and Brad take a liking to Tessa, probably because she is the more mature one out of all of them.

"Okay, even though Jeff is too relaxed for his own good, I still think he would know whether or not a girl is flirting with him." Stella tells her. She then hears a knock and sees the faces of her dad and stepdad.

"Hey, my little shooting star. I just want to say good night." Brad tells her. "We. We want to say good night." Dusty interjects.

"Stella, what's going on?" the concerned voice of Tessa is asking. "Give me a sec, Tess." she says, getting up from the vanity she is sitting at.

She gives the men a sickly sweet smile before closing the door in their faces.

"Sorry about that, babes. The fucking sperm donor is in town." Stella apologizes.

"Wait a minute, the deadbeat prick that ruined your life? Why the hell is he back?" Tessa asks, just as infuriated as Stella.

"Beats me. You're probably gonna meet him when you pick me up for school tomorrow." Stella replies.

"Yeah, it's still sad that you have a driver's license, yet you have no car." Tessa says.

"I can't afford one. You know that, and you don't have to be a major bitch about it." Stella tells her.

"But you still love me, though. Byeee!" Tessa concludes. "Byeee!" Stella also concludes as they hang up.

Stella takes in a huge sigh before crawling into bed, just waiting for the moment that her father is going to up and leave once again.