Death Machines

"That's your fucking dad?" Tessa asks in disbelief, to which Stella nods.

"He looks like a freeloader." she states. "It's because he pretty much is." Stella grumbles as her friend is fixing up her make-up. When she is finished with that, the two girls head downstairs so they can go to school.

They make it outside of the house, only for Stella's arm to be grabbed by her mom, causing Stella to grab onto Tessa's arm. Tessa gives her a look, which garners a confused one from Stella as she turns to her mom for clarification.

"I don't want you going anywhere near that thing." Sara explains to her as she lets go of her daughter's arm.

"She does know that you ride on the back of Kai's death machine, right?" Tessa asks Stella, to which she nods.

"Do you even know how to ride that thing?" Stella asks, doubting Brad's motorcycle riding abilities. "I don't know if that's a good idea, Brad." Megan chimes in, adding into Stella's doubts.

"Dusty!" Sara calls out to the father of her children. "It's vibrating up into my shoulders." Brad comments. A shirtless Dusty comes out of the house, causing Stella to crinkle her nose.

Honestly, it only takes a few seconds to put a shirt on.

"Hey, it's okay, Brad. Look, she's a lot of bike, man." Dusty tries to ease Brad. "No, I'm good. Why don't you go back in and take that shower, so you can get a shirt on?" Brad refuses his help.

"You got it." Dusty gives up. "Hey, you look good on that, man. Remember, one down, four up."

"Dusty, everyone knows it's one down..." Brad is about to say until he loses control of the motorcycle.

The bike is about to bulldoze into the family, but Dusty grabs the two youngest and Sara and they are on one side, as Stella and Tessa scramble off to the other side.

The bike is making its way to the house as the two girls are trying to catch their breath. "I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after nearly getting killed, I'm seeing your point." Tessa breathes out.

Dusty's motorcycle flies out of a window and lands on Brad's Ford Flex. Dusty manages to stop the motorcycle from rolling out into the road.

"Did Brad just die?" Megan asks, solemnly. "I think we all need to prepare ourselves for that possibility, pumpkin. Okay?" Dusty responds, causing Sara to dart into the house.

"Hey, I'll meet up with you soon, okay?" Stella tells Tessa as she follows her mom inside the house.

She treks up the stairs and looks up to see Brad is through the bathroom wall.

"Jeez, Brad, I thought you said you could ride." Dusty thinks out loud as he, Megan, and Dylan enter the bathroom.

"I can ride, okay. Would you get a shirt on?" Brad responds, defensively and changing the subject at hand.

"I think if you could ride, you wouldn't be stuck in a wall right now, Brad." Dusty tells him as everyone looks up at him.

Stella winces. "I hate to agree with him. I really do." she mutters to herself.

"Yeah. I'm sorry to say it, but he's right." Sara chimes in, being the only one that hears Stella's muttering, which seems like it is paining her. "You almost killed the kids!"

"You almost killed my best friend! I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't want to come back here anymore!" Stella adds in.

"Look, let's not beat up on Brad here. Okay? He was showboating for the kids a little bit, and things got out of hand. Let's all just be grateful nobody got hurt. Okay?" Dusty attempts to ease the tension. "I got hurt!" Brad yells at him.

"Okay, kids, listen up." Dusty says to Stella, Dylan, and Megan. "This is a good lesson on why you never wanna lie about your ability to do things you clearly can't do, okay?" he tells him, causing Stella to discreetly roll her eyes.

"I think my arm is stuck in the wall." Brad whimpers, trying to get his arm out of said wall.

"Brad, just stay still. I'll get you out." Dusty tells him, despite Brad's pleas of no and both Stella and Sara gather up the kids. All Dusty did was punch a hole in the wall, causing Brad to fall down from said wall.

After that ordeal, Stella leaves the house and goes towards Tessa's white Volkswagen Beetle.

"If you think Ryan and Shawn are going to be mad, Jeff and Kai are going to lose their fucking minds." Tessa hisses over at Stella.

"That's why we aren't telling them jackshit." Stella informs Tessa as she gets into the car and Tessa drives off.

"Look, you are my best friend and everything. I love you to death, but until that sperm donor of yours is gone, I feel uncomfortable picking you up." Tessa tells Stella, as if Stella was predicting it.

"Honestly, that's what I told my stepdad. You could've gotten killed and I understand if you don't want to go anywhere near my house." Stella corroborates her claim.

They got to the high school where they met up with the boys.

"Don't even start with what happened this morning." Stella whines out as she buries her head in Kai's chest. Kai's hand went up to her hair as he kissed her hairline, getting a whiff of coconut and vanilla.

"What happened?" Kai asks. "Your girlfriend and I nearly got killed." Tessa responds, causing all the boys to fall silent.

"Wait, what?" Jeff and Kai ask in unison, getting scared for both of their girlfriends.

"We're fine. Turns out Brad doesn't know how to ride a motorcycle and was trying to show off." Stella explains.

"Wait a minute, Brad doesn't own a motorcycle. Doesn't he have that car he always brags about?" Shawn points out as they entered school. Jeff and Tessa already left in one direction, as the classes that Stella, Kai, Ryan, and Shawn have are in the opposite side of the school.

"I know, Shawny. My father is in town. He owns the motorcycle that ransacked my house, broke a window, and damaged that car." Stella continues.

"Wait a minute, he exists?" Ryan asks in disbelief. In all of their years of knowing Stella, she never really got into detail about her father. The only person who really knows that troubled relationship is Kai, and now Tessa.

"He exists alright. Just not in my life." Stella replies, bitterly.

She would be waiting for that one moment where she lets her guard down for her dad, only for him to be out of her life the following day.

Kai is right; she doesn't need him now nor ever.