Have Your Back

Over time, things were starting to improve for Brad. Dylan and Megan are beginning to accept him, and Stella isn't too hostile with him anymore.

Sure, she can tolerate him to a certain extent and she still holds onto that same fear when she first met him, but she notes that it's better than what her dad has done.

Stella got home from her cheerleading practice when she walked through the front door to see her distraught brother, who was being comforted by their mom.

"Dill Pickle, what's wrong?" she asks, rushing over to Dylan, wiping away any tears that were streaming down. "I wanna talk to Brad." he whimpers out.

"Oh, geez, that's a way to feel loved." Stella mutters, sarcastically, as her mom swats her arm.

"I'm home." the three hear Brad sing out as he is entering the house through the garage. He looks over to see his wife and his oldest step-daughter comforting his only step-son. "What's wrong?"

"He won't talk to us. He said he only wants to talk to you." Sara tells him.

"You want to talk to me? Really?" Brad asks, getting all giddy because this is the first time Dylan came to him for anything. Dylan responds by nodding.

"You mean me and your mom? Me, your mom, and your sister?" Brad is asking, to which Dylan shakes his head no.

"Just me? By myself?" he asks again, and Dylan nods.

"Sure. I'm totally free. Let's go to the den. We'll sit there. We'll sit. We can do it sitting or standing?" Brad is processing.

"Okay, I am going to get some homework done before he embarrasses himself even more." Stella quietly mumbles to her mom as she heads upstairs to her room.

While she is struggling with her Geometry homework, a little knock is presented on the door. "Star?"

When they were little, Dylan and Megan had some trouble pronouncing Stella's name, so they sometimes resort to calling her Star.

Stella looks up to see her little sister near her bedroom door. She pushes the heavy Geometry textbook off of her and goes over to her sister, kneeling down to her level. "What's up, Nutmeg?"

"I want to ask Brad something, and I want to see if it's okay with you." she tells her, bashfully, looking down at the ground.

"Hey, look at me." Stella started, lifting Megan's chin so their eyes could meet. "Whatever you need to ask Brad, it is totally fine with me. And honestly, I need to ask him something too."

For a while, she has been thinking about her Junior Prom.

Her, Kai, and their friends all plan on as a group (with Tessa's parents renting them a limo for all of them to go in), and she wants to see if Brad will join her and her mom as they look for dresses.

At this point, he is the best option.

Stella and Megan went downstairs where they found their mom and step-dad in the kitchen. "Hey, Brad?" Megan calls out.

"If I ask you something, you promise you won't cry again?" she asks. "Of course, sweetie. What is it?"

"Well, at school, they told us about this thing, and it's called a Daddy-Daughter Dance." Megan begins. "So, do you want to go with me?"

As expected, Brad begins to cry. "You said you wouldn't cry, Brad."

"I'm not." he denies, tearfully. "Megan, yess. A million times yes." he responds as he hugs her.

"Oh, God, now I'm afraid." Stella voices out, openly. Megan and Brad break away, and he faces her. "What's up, honey?" he asks, tears still in his eyes. The 16-year old sighs in defeat.