Kai the Broken

After teaching Dylan self-defense, Stella takes control of the television that is in the living room and is watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. She got so enthralled with the romance between Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago that she can vaguely hear about how Sara might have another baby.

Stella is aware of Brad's infertility issues, mainly due to her eavesdropping on her mom and stepdad (which she'll admit), but all Stella wants is to get back on watching the chaotic energy of the NYPD's 99th precinct.

"Hey, Stella. Would you pause that for a moment?" Brad calls out for her. She does just that and walks over to her mom. "What's up?"

"Maybe during your lunch break at school, your mom and I can pick you up and we can do dress shopping for Prom." Brad suggests.

Stella was speechless. She didn't really mention about going dress shopping with her dad coming back into her life and all, so don't blame her if she was taken aback. "Oh, uh, yeah, sure." she lets out.

Dusty furrows his eyebrows in confusion. When did his daughter mention something about going to Prom?

"Wait a minute, Prom? Stella's going to Prom? Who's her date?" Dusty was asking.

"It's not mandatory to have a date, you know." Stella brashly tells her dad as she goes upstairs.

The following day, Stella uses the opportunity to meet up with her mom and Brad to go dress shopping during her lunch break. She is thankful that she has a free period after lunch, so her break is kind of extended.

While Stella is trying on the dresses that she is interested in trying in, Dusty decides to pry. "So, did Stella mention anything about having a date?" he asks.

"Dusty, stop. If Stella wants to tell you, she will tell you." Sara hisses at Dusty. She doesn't know why Dusty is confused as to why Stella is closed off and cold towards him.

She still remembers when Stella was that same little girl that would ask her what she did wrong to make her dad leave.

Stella first came out in a big, bright yellow dress. Brad was about to say something nice, but Stella cut him off. "Brad, be real. I look like a Lemon Meringue Pie." she tells him.

"Okay, maybe that is not the right color for you. Try on some of the other ones." Sara suggests as Stella goes back into the dressing room.

Stella tries on the second dress, which is a red two-piece dress. She comes out of the dressing room, a little chirpier than the last time she did.

"No, absolutely not." Dusty and Brad say in unison. "Wow, the first time they agree on something. Definitely taking their word on it." Stella muses out as she goes back into the dressing room.

She tries on the third dress, a black short dress that she is having some troubles breathing in.

"Still no." Dusty says, immediately. "Dusty." Sara hisses. "No, dad's right. I'm having some trouble breathing in it." Stella huffs out.

On the fourth dress, she thinks that this one is the one; a strapless light blue floor length dress that is bedazzled on the top part of it. "Mom, I think this might be the one!" she calls out. "Come on out, hon." Sara responds.

The oldest Mayron child comes out of the dressing room. Sara squeals. "Look at you, that looks beautiful!" she exclaims, causing Stella to giggle. The teenager hears stifled cries and it doesn't take a genius to know who is crying.

"Brad's crying, isn't he?" Stella asks her mom. "Don't give him a hard time." Sara warns her daughter.

"Elles Bells, that looks beautiful." Dusty tells her. "It really does." Brad cries out.