When our eyes meet

The days past by and I've slowly but surely made small heath my home

The days past by and I've slowly but surely made small heath my home. I already had regular customers in my shop and the kids rushed in every day to try my new sweet creation. Nevertheless I had not yet dared to go to the garrison. I had been listening here and there and found new things out. The garrison was a bar. I never been in bar. I never had reason to go to a bar and drink. I never drink.

As fate would have it, i got an order from the worker harry. I was told to make several sweets.
To understand it, there was a big fire in the garrison, therefore it was newly restored. Now there is a new opening of the pub that's why I'm ordered to make them the sweets and bring them to the garrison.

I felt like I am in a dilemma. I don't know what i should do. Polly would be disappoint if I didn't go the garrison. After our first encounter, polly kept coming back to the flowershop and drunk tea with me. She is quite dear to my heart. She also wanted me to come to the opening ceremony. She always tells me to come out of myself. I liked it in my snail shells and she knew that.

While i made the sweets i thought about how i could avoid the party. I had no answer until I did my last sweet. I sat down and pondered. The only thing I could think of was to go there, put the sweets down, say a polite goodbye and leave.
I have no other choice.

I prepared the sweets to take away and went upstairs to my apartment. I should dress nicely. I freshened up and put some make up on. I had decided on a simple dress. I looked at the mirror. Happy with me, I took my bag and went downstairs. I walked through the door fully packed with the sweets.

When suddenly a boy spoke to me from the side: 'ey, I am John Shelby. Ma brother told me that I should help ya out." He pointes to the packages in my hand. "I didn't know that someone is gone help me that's very nice of you, thank you" I said. I gave him 4 packs. He nodded and we went on our way. On the way he asked me about my flowershop and my hometown.

As we arrived at the garrison, harry took care of the sweets. John was talking to me as another person came up. It was his brother Arthur Shelby. He told me about their business and that the pub belongs to him. Throughout the conversation I realized that the two of them belongs to the peaky blinders.

I couldn't leave as they insisted that I should stay for the party. They were very friendly, but I feel like that I should go to avoid trouble and the full house with people. I never liked crowded rooms. I wanted to run away. Too late the party was already in full swing. They started to drink and sing. I sat at the bar as I turned around I saw Polly who came in. She looked at me with a big grin. I looked at her and gave her a smile. I turned to the bar and sighed. Do I ever get out of here? I looked around again when my eyes caught on something. It was the blue eyes which I saw on my first day in small heath. I would never forget these eyes.

When our eyes meet, time stopped for a while.