Caught

One day after the truth

POV Luise
The day they found me, I was badly injured and couldn't remember anything. They found a bullet in my stomach near to my heart. I survived somehow. The nuns took care of me. Since then, I worked hard to please them. I did the laundry, took care of the kids, bought food, cleaned the house. I did everything. Whenever I forget something or didn't do, I didn't saw the sun light for days. I starved sometimes, but I never showed anybody that this situation broke me into little pieces. I never went out. I couldn't. They won't let me. Probably the fear that I will runaway. I am doing my best for the kids and for me. I know I should be grateful, but there was so much of this life. I didn't want to waste it. I stayed for the sake of the kids. I didn't know what they would do to the kids when I left them behind. I didn't have money to run away with them. I had nothing. I only had them, but I felt lonely. Sometimes I felt like that my heart has lost his other half. Also now I felt like that.

I couldn't close my eyes. I could often not enter the dream world, even though it was the only think made me happy. I always saw piercing blue eyes, which made me feel safe. But the only think I saw now was the rain outside. I heard the children's breathing and the night that has long since broken in. I often could not sleep, because of my thoughts. I slowly got a headache. It didn't surprised me. I have had the headache since always. I sit up from my small bed and closed my eyes. I sighed. I should walk around.

When I suddenly heard noises. I open my eyes and got up from the bed. There was no one but the kids and me in the house. I lit up the candle on and walked to the noises. It was a rainy night, so It could be one of the windows. It often happens that a window broke.

I walked through the house when I spotted the broken window. The rain poured through the hole. I sighed.
I was about to go back to get something to cover up when somebody hit me on my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dream
I was horse riding. The wind blowed through the high grass, against my face and let my hair fly. It was a late summer day. The sun slowly went down. I was laughing my heart out. I could her another horse with an equestrian. It was an man who was gracious and wild. I couldn't describe the feeling which increased in me. I could hear his laughter. I was chasing him through the field, but I couldn't reach him. I couldn't see his face. I could only see his back. I wanted to reach him. I had the desire to see his face and look into his eyes. I rode faster. I was getting closer and closer, but it wasn't enough. When I finally caught him, I fell into the deep darkness, not seeing who he was.

My head was booming. I could make out voices that seemed familiar to me and yet so strange. I slowly opened my eyes. I don't was sitting on a chair in a room that didn't seem familiar to me, yet familiar. I looked around and noticed how the voice fell silent. The people around me seemed to notice that I was awake. "Ah see who woke up. Sorry, the hit on the head should not hurt so much."
"Arthur!" Everyone was screaming at the same time. That explained a lot. I knew I should feel fear and run for my life, but I stayed seated and looked into the different faces.
"You must have so much questions."
I nooded, not wanting to say anything wrong.
"It is a long story." I looked to face and realized that it was the woman who visited the orphanage.
"You are the woman who visited us. Mrs gray wasn't it?"
"Call me Polly."
"Why am I here?" I was slowly getting nervous.
"Because you belong here" She said simply.
"I don't understand... I don't know what this all is about, but I need to go back. Polly I have to go back. I can't stay here." I started to panic.
I remembered the last time, when I wasn't in the orphanage for a day and I will not experience that hell ever again. I could my headache coming back.
"We can't let you go."
"I need to go. You don't understand. They will search for me..."They will probably make my life to hell if I don't show up in the morning.
"You are not going" the woman stated out.
"Why?" I flustered. Everyone started to talk. They were deciding to tell me truth or to wait. For what?