Swim

I couldn't close my eyes, so I decided to go into the living room to get a book

when i entered the room with my candle quietly, i saw thomas lying on the coach.
I walked past him as he started to speak: "Can't you sleep?"
I startled, but caught myself and answered:
"Yes, I often can't sleep. What about you?"
"I never sleep"he stated out.
I went to the rule and pulled out a book. it was The Emerald City of Oz by L. Frank Baum.
without thinking, I asked him: "do you want to read the book with me?"
As I saw back to him, He gave my small node.
"Come with me" I said quietly.
I walked with him to my balcony.

I light up the candles on the balcony and took one of the blankets which I put over the chair in the past. Thomas already set down on a chair and looked around with a peaceful face.
I put the blanket over him and asked with mischievous smile: "Do you like it her."
"Yes, yes I really like it, love." He didn't look at the flowers. No, he was looking at me with a soft look. He said love to me. My heart got warm. The cold hearted and calculating peaky blinder man disappeared. I could only see my moonboy. I saw the man I fall in love and who listened to me.
I started to giggle: "Mr. moonboy, I am glad you like it. Because you're the only one I brought here."
I sat next to him and started to read. While reading, I could feel a blanket wrapped around me. The warmth of him welcomed me.

I slowly fell asleep thinking that I wasn't alone anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in the morning i woke up in my bed. thomas had probably put me to bed, even though he was so beat up. He always does what's on his mind.

I got ready for work. it wasn't raining today. Also, today some came to my shop. When I wanted to put the flowers on the counter, suddenly Isaiah, one of the children who came to the store for the chocolate, stormed into the shop.
"Dahlia, Dahlia, Finn fell into the channel. We don't know what to do. Please help us. We don't how to get him out there"
The kid shouted. without thinking twice i took the child's hand and ran to the channel where the children used to play.
as we got closer i could see little finn kicking in the water and calling for help.
I took off my shoes.
Luckily I opted for a pair of pants. I jumped into the water and swam to Finn to get him out.
As We swam to the shore, I put him down on the land. Then, finally I pulled myself out. Thankfully, my father taught me how to swim.

"You okay, buddy?" I asked while I look into his face. He was under shock. I placed my hand on his back and rubbed it. "Let's get you home, Finn...Kids, i think, you should all go home." The kids went their way.
i stood up and helped Finn to get up. I took his hand and we started to go. he showed me his way. He led me to the shelby parlour. Finn must be Shelby.

I knocked on the door and to my surprise a woman opened the door for me. She looked at us in shock. No wonder, we looked like a mess. "What happened. come in, first." Finn seemed close to tears again. I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him an encouraging look.

I stood in the room and looked around. finn was sitting on a chair. the woman whose name was lizzie brought us blankets and called his family. she was the secretary of the Shelby company. I thanked her.

While We waited for his family, Finn explained what happened.
As polly rushed into the store followed by the other shelbys. So I was right. He was a Shelby. Polly started talking and scolding the boy. the others seemed to be trying to calm her down.

I sat there and drunk a tea while I sunk into thoughts. Thomas was not there.
at the end they thanked me and wanted me to stay for the day.
since I still had to go to my shop, I said goodbye with the statement that I would stay the next time. I wanted to walk out of the door, when I walked against someone.