Promise?

"Thomas" I flustered and looked him in the face

"Thomas" I flustered and looked him in the face. Our lips were close.
Time stopped. There were only me and him and then I realized that there was Curly. I backed up and stood up. I cleared my throat and asked:"You searched for me?"
"Mmh' I searched for ya and then I thought I should look here, but I can see you are in good hands. if ya want to stay here longer, I will be here to take ya home anytime."
He looked at me, having a small smile on his lip. Oh lord, this man has the handsome smile on the earth.
"I think, I will talk to curly a little bit more."
He nodded:" I will be outside, talking with Charlie. "
I nodded and looked back to curly who was looking at me with a meaningful look. thomas walked away and i sat down on the straw bale again.

"I saw you guys looking at each other.Tommy-y doesn't look at anyone like that. h-he has never looked at a woman like that and nobody calls him thomas. everyone calls him tommy because he doesn't want to be called thomas" Curly said.

I leaned forward and supported my head with my hand and responded with a smile:
"I think you're imagining it Curly. i mean thomas could have any woman. I think he is just friendly to me...
And i call him thomas because I think the name is beautiful. I mean,he doesn't have his name for nothing, does he?"

with this sentence i ended the topic and talked to curly about the races.
after a while curly had to say goodbye to me because he still had a lot to do on the yard.
i went out and saw thomas smoking. I got closer to him. he saw me and i looked at him.the man next to him started to talk as I stood before them: "You need to be Dahlia. Welcome to my yard. I hope ya like it here."

"Nice to meet you. Your yard is really awesome and the horses are really beautiful"

"Thank ya. You can come whenever you want. I heard about you two. When do you both get married" he asked, as he saw between me and Thomas.
I looked at him with wide eyes and stuttered: "What d-did you-u say?"
Just as he was about to answer, he fell silent. (Tommy looked at him with murderous eyes)
"oh nothin', that was just a bad Joke of me." He said finally. the answer was wierd, but I didn't want to think about it anymore.
"Oh well, okay?...I think it's time for me to go. I hope you have a nice day " i said with a small smile.
I looked to Thomas who said Goodbye to Charlie and began to walk the other direction. I started to walk behind Thomas and waved to Charlie at the end.

We walked next to each other, as he began to talk: "You like it there?"
"Yes, it's really nice there and Curly is a really nice person. He talked with me about the yard and the horses. It was really interesting."
"Mhm, i will take you the next time there, if I go to visit them."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Thomas?"
"Mhm"
"Do you want me to call you Tommy?"
"No. I like it when you call me Thomas."
I nooded with a smile.

For a while, We walked in silence. I just looked him and saw that he was lost in his thought. I asked: "Thomas?"
When I asked him I grabbed his jacket, making him stay.
He looked me in the eyes.
"Are you okay?" I asked with a soft look.
"Yes, love." He gave a me wonderful smile.
I gave him a smile back.