17

"Go?"

The two teenagers ran at each other, Midoriya went for a right hook like Bakugou.
Normally when fighting he takes what he already knows about his opponent and fights based off that.
But he doesn't have that information on Mai so he has to test her.
So instead He threw several attacks at her and watched her reaction so he could figure out how to fight her.

She ducked under his arm and grabbed it twisting it behind his back before kicking the back of his legs causing him to fall.
He ignored the pain in his arm and twisted to his right, swinging his leg out trying to knock her down.
She jumped over his leg and used the momentum of his twisting to push him into his back and shove her knee into his gut.

He reached out his left hand and grabbed her arm while pushing up with his right leg pulling her under him

She grabbed his collar and flipped him over her head before jumping up.

Midoriya jumped up just as fast and ran at her again, this time she went in for a punch but switched to a kick once Midoriya's guard was in the wrong place.

The kick landed on his gut causing him to fall back.
Mai grabbed his shirt before he reached the ground and pulled him up into her fist.
After punching him she let him fall back.

'I feel kinda mean right now...'
She thought sadly as he got back up with a bloody nose.
She frowned looking at Her stumbling freind with pity.
'Don't tell me I broke another nose today...'

He ran at her again.
"I'm not done yet!!"
He yelled at her holding his fist out.
He ran forward ready to attack again but She jumped over him and kicked his back.
"You're acting pretty intense right now."
She muttered as he stood up again.

She ran at him grabbed his shoulder and kneed his gut.
He caughed a little but recovered quickly, dodging her next punch and kicking the back of her legs.
She fell backwards but stopped herself with her hands and flipping backwards and landing on her feet.
Midoriya turned around and grabbed her arm flipping her over his shoulder.
She hit the ground and kicked his legs, pulled him to the ground.
Then she pinned both his hands with her own pushed his legs down with her right, and used her Left leg to press down on his spine.

He struggled a little but couldn't do much.
"O-okay... You got me."
Midoriya gasped admitting defeat.

Mai got off of him and sat down on the ground beside him while Izuku laid on the ground breathing heavily.
"Where'd you learn to fight like that."

"You ask a lot of questions."
Mai countered

"Yeah... Sorry..."
Midoriya said remembering he should stop asking about her past.

"I guess I just figured it out."
She laid down next to him.

He turned his head and looked at the girl, she was peacefully staring up at the sky.

"You're not even tired are you?"
He asked looking for any sign of distress

"Not really."
She answered honestly, opening her mouth to yawn.

They laid there for awhile.
Mai watched the sky turn to blue to orange and pink then almost dark blue black decorated with stars before slowly falling to sleep.

Midoriya looked to his side and saw his friend sleeping peacefully beside him.
Her long black hair spread on the ground around her head and her face gently illuminated by the moonlight.

He slowly sat up and nervously looked down at her, unsure if he should wake her up or not.
He didn't want to, she looked so peaceful, so at ease and that was so rare for her.
He couldn't mess that up.

He bent over and gently picked her up bridal style.
She leaned into his chest and muttered.
"Kai?"
She whispered like it was a question.

Midoriya tilted his head.
'Who's Kai?'
He wasn't really jealous, he was curious about the person Mai was apparently dreaming about.
And maybe a little jealous.

Midoriya carried her to her Dorm and opened the door as quietly as possible.
He slowly walked across her small living room space and nudged open the door to her bedroom with his foot.

He looked around the space.
It was clean and surprisingly empty, she had a few pillows, a black blanket, a closet with a few shirts hanging up and a desk with a few homework assignments on it.

He briefly scanned the papers but they weren't any assignments the rest of the class had, and dispite being easy middle school grade problems a few were wrong, and some had scribbling over the answer like she got frustrated with it.

'Is she having trouble with school?'
Midoriya thought sadly.
He wanted to offer to help her, but the fact she hadn't said anything about being this far behind might mean she's embarrassed about it.
He looked away from the homework and walked to her bed laying her down and covering her up.

He turned to leave but stopped when he felt something grab his shirt sleeve.
Dispite being asleep Mai noticed whoever was with her was leaving.
This caused her to frown sadly and tug on the sleeve.
"Please... Stay..."
She mumbled pouting.
Even while asleep she was scared of being alone.

Midoriya gulped unsure of what he should do.
He bent down and grabbed her hand with his own.
He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and gently cupped her cheek in his hand.

A part of him wanted to stay even though he had to go home, he still needed to pack for his internship tomorrow.
But He didn't have time to sleep here, go home in the morning, change, pack, shower and be at the train station in time to leave with the rest of the class.

He took her hand and moved it closer to her body, stroked her hair and tucked her blanket around her.
She gripped the fabric of her blanket and nuzzled into it with a frown, knowing it wasn't a person.

"Sorry Mai."
Midoriya whispered.
He walked out and closed her door quietly walking back outside and closing the door to her Dorm debating on whether or not he should lock it.

"Hey Midoriya kid!!"

Midoriya jumped up in fear and let out a surprised Yelp.
"W-"
He turned to see present Mic a few doors over in PJS with his long blonde hair tied into a messy bun holding a mug of hot liquid.

"Present Mic! H-hey!"

"Did you guys use protection?"
The teacher joked sipping the tea in his mug.

Midoriya's face Turned bright red and he couldn't stutter out a sentence to defend himself or Mai.

"Shut up Mic, they're not having sex."
He heard Aizawa grumbling from the doorway.
"At least they better not be."

"N-no! I- we- it's not!-"

"Yeah, yeah, just go home kid, and tell Mai not to throw trees around anymore."
Aizawa said leaning out the door.

Midoriya stood up straight.
"Y-yes sir!"
The boy stuttered before running away.

"Aww, they're so cute together."

"Mic stop shipping students together."

A/n
Hey was Midoriya and Mai's sparing scene written fine?

As someone who wrote it I'm not sure what it would sound like reading it for the first time and I want to make sure it was understandable so I can work on writing fight scenes more clearly in the future!

Thanks for reading my little Chicken nuggets💖