CHAPTER 2: A DRINK TO THINK

It's been a couple of hours after the fight between Blitzø and Loona. After that tense moment, Blitzø decided not to play the crying victim until his rebellious daughter arrives. So he decided to do something else... something more of his... style.

Blitzø takes another drink of his sixth beer as his face is illuminated by nothing but his TV, which is playing the movie, Spirit, for the umpteenth time.

Even with his droopy eyelids and quite blurry vision, Blitzø knows what is happening in the movie at that precise moment, after all, he has seen it so many times, that he has memorized it.

The now very drunk Imp watches with half of his body slipping off the couch, the scene in which the mare "Rain" plays along with her human friend.

Blitzø juts before burping and letting out a long grunt throwing his head back.

Blitzø: Ugh, why doesn't she treat me like that? I mean what the- what the fuck?!

He, still holding his beer, abruptly points at the TV with both arms, spilling what was left of his drink on the floor.

Blitzø: It's a- *hic* it's a FUCKING horse adopted by a FUCKING human! And somehow, she still respects that scumbag!

The intoxicated Imp sips from his can of beer, but having inadvertently spilled it earlier, not a drop comes out. Confused, Blitzø sticks his tongue inside the can and slides it from side to side to look for any liquid, but finding nothing, he just growls and crushes the can with one of his horns, then throwing it against the wall. The can falls to the ground landing on the rest of crushed cans.

He then reaches his arm over the side of the couch to grab the next can, but doesn't feel a thing. Then he turns his gaze to his side to see that he finished all the beers he had.

He sighs irritably and slides completely off the couch to end up face down on the floor. Even without separating his face from the ground, he keeps complaining.

Blitzø: She doesn't need me to protect her, she says. *hic* Well... well.. she has syphilis for a reason.

Blitzø burps once more, still with his face pressed to the ground.

Blitzø: ..She's the one with the problem, I'll show her I'm a good father.. I'll show her. I don know how but I'll show her..

Suddenly, Blitzø's intoxicated mind gives him an idea that anyone would say is bullshit, but for someone as drunk and emotionally unstable as he is right now, it seemed like an epiphany that fell from the sky.

He puts his hands on the ground to support himself and lift his head off the ground. Gasping for air with wide open eyes, to then change it to an angry expression.

Blitzø: Well y'know what, Loonie Toonie?! I'm NOT the one with the fuckin problem. D'you want- d'you- d'you want me to treat you like an adult?! FINE! I'm gon to adopt another hellhound.. from HELL jus-just like you! And- *hic* I'm gonna- I'm gonna show you I'm a good DADDY Without getting in your way!

Before he has time to even think on what he's planning, he staggers to his feet and walks shuffling and bumping into the wall, he struggles to find the doorknob but finally feels it in his hand and storms out of his apartment slamming the door hard.

He then opens the door again and leans out to yell into the air and win his imaginary argument with Loona.

Blitzø: I'LL ADOPT A YOUNGER ONE! And I'm gonna teach it to RESPECT ME and not grow up as AN INTEN-.. INSIN-.. INSENTIS- INSENSITIVE REBEL with his father!!

He slams the door one last time and for good, and heads off to make a brainlessly decision that will... change his life... probably screw it up... and he probably won't even remember in the morning that he took it.