CHAPTER 41: WHAT ARE YOU SHOOTING FOR?

Millie throws a dart at the head of a cardboard human she found lying on the street. Both she and her husband wait for Blitzø in the office, who's late again. Although this time it's understandable, driving with just one arm must be complicated, or perhaps he decided to walk so as not to put his daughters at risk.

Either way, Millie's in no rush for them to arrive, as far as she knows they haven't received any calls from any waiting customers.

Normally, if someone contacts I.M.P, they make an appointment to give them the target they must kill, and Blitzø usually notifies them, but this time, they haven't been told anything.

She'll ask Blitzø later when he arrives anyway, for now, she keeps throwing darts at the cardboard human, this time aiming at it's dick.

Moxxie's also in no hurry for his boss to arrive, since he knows that the hellhound pup will come with him, and today he must train her.

All night he was thinking about what he should do with Y/N, how he should train her or if he should even keep doing it. Perhaps he should oppose making her a murderer when she doesn't even fully understand what that entails. Even now, after hours of thinking about it, he hasn't come to any conclusion that he's completely sure what to do.

The Imp yawns as he leans his head back on the table, absorbed in his thoughts. Training a little girl to shoot... it's like he's becoming his-...

The office door flings open, revealing Blitzø's arrival, interrupting Moxxie's thoughts. Y/N walks in first, wagging her tail while her adoptive family stands there discussing something among themselves.

Y/N: We're here! Hi!!

Millie stops torturing the cardboard man to receive the young hellhound with open arms when she sees her run towards her.

Millie: Hi sweetie!!

Y/N jumps on her to receive a friendly hug, filled with laughter. As soon as they finish hugging each other, the cub turns to see Moxx and runs towards him with open arms.

She stands in front of him, her arms still open and a big smile.

Y/N: Hi Uncle Moxxie!

Moxxie knows she expects a hug as warm as the one Millie gave her, but his exhaustion and stress from not knowing what to do, limits him to just giving her a weak smile and a pat on the head.

Moxxie: What's up, my tasteful apprentice?

Y/N didn't seem disappointed at her mentor's greeting and with a giggle she turned around to go with her aunt and the cardboard human.

Meanwhile, Moxxie's thoughts keep being interrupted by the discussion between Blitzø and Loona, who are still at the entrance.

Loona: Oh yeah, you make SO good use of your money that you buy rubber ponies instead of a decent bed for the little rat. At last I see you have your priorities right in something.

Blitzø: Oh yeah?! Well- I- Well.. Uh.. I..

The Imp quickly turns to see Y/N who's being taught by Millie to throw darts and after a few seconds of babbling he answers the hellhound with confidence.

Blitzø: And how do you know I'm not taking care of that, huh?

Loona: Oh, really?..

Blitzø: That's right Looney, what's more, just TODAY I had planned to go to a bedding store for the kid, maybe you want to join me!

Loona: Ugh, fuck no.

Blitzø gives his daughter a cocky smile, feeling victorious and crosses his arms carefully, trying not to further hurt his arm.