CHAPTER 51: HEAT

All her life, Y/N would tell everyone that she preferred the heat to the cold. She remembered how uncomfortable it was to sleep on a cold night with a torn sheet on a hard bed in the corners of the cells of the foundation where she grew up, and was more grateful than anyone to have her comfortable long-sleeved clothes when someone for once donated clothes to the place.

The pup was sure she'd never hate a hot day, a hug, clothes that would cover her entire body, or anything that provided any kind of warmth... until today.

An immense heat overwhelms Y/N's body, who feels as if her own fur is on fire, now more than ever she'd like to take off all her clothes and even skin if that would help her feel some freshness in the air.

The fire expands rapidly and the little hellhound wonders if that's what her candy apple felt like when they caramelized it. She holds her candy apple tighter, protecting it.

The pup squeezes Loona's hand as she tries to guide her out. They've walked so much in the park, with the heat only increasing that her legs feel like jelly. But not only that keeps Y/N walking slow.. The kid looks behind her, and the things and people they have left behind as they try to find the exit. Loona gives Y/N a tug on her wrist.

Loona: Don't just stand there and move!

The adult hellhound tries to suppress a cough after raising her voice at the kid. After wiping away her warm sweat from her forehead, she covers her muzzle with her arm. There's more smoke than air around them now, and Loona's tired of feeling like her lungs are burning. She has to breathe as little as possible..

She looks around her with sore eyes due to the smoke. The circus tents, game and food stalls have already been consumed by the fire, the only thing still visible are the highest mechanical rides.

Loona rubs her irritated eyes, among so many paths, smoke and fire around her, she fears they've been wandering in circles. She'd never been to Loo Loo Land before, how could she possibly know how to get out of there?! The hellhound's heart sinks as she accepts that they're lost.

She glances askance at the pup, but she does nothing but look back with a lost gaze. Loona shakes the panic out, there's no time to sit still, she MUST find a way out. She gives another tug, this time more roughly at Y/N's waist.

Loona: What part of MOVE don't you understand?!

The little hellhound almost trips over her sister's pull, but keeps her moving forward. However, her worries keep bothering her.

Y/N: ... Do you think he had a family?

Loona: Who?

Loona doesn't stop looking ahead or slow down.

Y/N: The boy they stepped on...

Her sister and mentor suppresses an irritated sigh, worried about something more important than that.

Y/N: Did he have a name? Maybe we could find his family. Do you think they're here too?

The little hellhound gasps and her fur stands on end, looking at Loona with fearful eyes.

Y/N: What if his family is trapped in the park just like us?!

Loona: We aren't trapped...

Y/N: Or what if they stepped on him and they don't know it?! Do.. do you think he suffered a lot?...

Loona tried to suppress the Imp's screams of pain as he was trampled and he stretched out his butchered arm in a last attempt to call for help. She shakes off those thoughts and growls.