CHAPTER 43: INFERNAL NEIGHS

Blitzø drives his van through the fields of Wrath Ring while listening to the song "Old Town Road" on the radio, yeah, he also likes to steal CDs from the human world.

Despite still having one arm bandaged, he preferred driving with just one available arm than walking such a long distance and wasting time, and he didn't want to spend money on a taxi.

Seeing the earthy fields he's arriving at, the Imp turns to see the pup standing in the front seat next to him, sticking her head out the window with her tongue out, admiring the orange sky.

His gaze is serious when he sees her, remembering what the two of them are doing there.

...

The weekend was back, and after being woken up by the kid's excitement again, Blitzø had checked on his calendar that he had horse riding lessons today. So he was very disappointed that his arm hadn't fully healed yet, and even though he was willing to ride with one arm, and the riding instructor who's never around because he's an irresponsible bitch would give a shit, he knew his mare wouldn't let him ride her like this.

The Imp didn't know what he could do so that the monthly money he pays for these lessons didn't go to waste, they're expensive enough to miss one, but when the little hellhound ran to him excited, jumping around asking:

Y/N: What are we going to do today, dad?

It was then that Blitzø had an idea. 

Blitzø: Hey Looney, would you like-?

Loona: No.

The adult hellhound went out the door after slamming it, leaving him alone with the pup. She's never been interested in horses or lessons.

He saw Y/N, who, still confused by Loona's departure, kept smiling and wagging her tail. He'd have to resort to his second choice. This would be his first time teaching someone else to ride, but sadly it wasn't who he expected it to be.

...

Blitzø parks in a dusty field, just below a hill and they both get out of the van. Once her pads feel the ground, Y/N gazes at the surrounding rural fields, fascinated.

Y/N: This place is SO different from the city!

The Imp keeps the keys to his van in the pocket of his jean pants and as he adjusts his suspenders he approaches the pup.

Blitzø: It shows you've never been in Wrath, you've only been in... what, three rings?

However, the hellhound ignored Blitzø's question as she curiously looked at the landscape in the distance. She points to a specific point.

Y/N: Those are REALLY weird buildings!

The Imp looks where the hellhound is pointing and snorts at her lack of knowledge.

Blitzø: Those aren't buildings, fluff. They're volcanoes.

Y/N: What's that?

Blitzø: Like mountains, but with lava.

Y/N: What's lava?

She turns to see him confused, her head tilted.

Blitzø: It's like... like fire.

Y/N: And why doesn't it burn down?

Fed up with the girl's questions, he gives her a push with his tail up the hill, away from the sight of the infernal volcanoes.

Blitzø: Yeah well, we're not here for the volcanoes, y'know? Now come.

Y/N: Why are we here then?