CHAPTER 55: COMFORTING HAND

Y/N twists her wrist to see her bandaged hand from every angle. She sits on her new mattress —a more decent one after Blitzø bought it a few weeks ago— as she tries to ignore the muffled yelling outside her room.

The way back home from Loo Loo Land was an awkward silence. However, as soon as they got to the apartment and got changed and clean, Loona sent the pup to her room and began arguing with her father again.

The little hellhound feels like they've been screaming at each other for an eternity. Y/N clenched onto the new  bed sheets —that Blitzø found in a dry cleaner he doesn't even go to— onto her mattress, feeling a wave of guilt.

...

Blitzø: I'LL TELL YOU WHAT!! INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!

Loona: FINE!!

Blitzø: FINE!!

Loona returns to her room and slams the door, ending the argument with the Imp who adopted her.

Blitzø breathes heavily and stomps to the kitchen, then returns, carrying an ultra-large bucket of vanilla ice cream and a spoon, and he reluctantly sits down on his couch.

He grabs the remote and turns on the TV. The sound of the VoxFlix platform echoes through the now silent apartment when he enters the platform and looks for any movie that has horses in it.

It is then that he feels his cell phone vibrate when a notification arrives. Not really wanting to talk to anyone, Blitzø glances at his cell phone and sighs as he picks it up, in case it's something related to work. He rolls his eyes when he sees that the one who texted him is Stolas.

Stolas: Thank you for being our bodyguard today Blitzy. I will transfer the money to you by mail as you requested. 💜

The Imp lashes his tail, releasing some stress, and wanting to end the conversation as quickly as possible, he texts back impatiently.

Blitzø: K thx.

He places his cell phone next to his couch and as he picks up the remote control again, another notification arrives. Irritated, he groans and checks the message.

Stolas: By the way, you hadn't told me you had another daughter. She's such a lovely little girl. Maybe one day we can bring our little ones together so they can get to know each other better.

Blitzø stares at the message after reading it. The Imp didn't like telling the horny owl about his personal life, especially about his loved ones. It was better not to involve those topics in business. However, Blitzø remembers only one time when he told him about his daughter, Loona..

...

Stolas: Was our deal clear to you, about my grimoire?

Prince Stolas places his hand under a bubble among many floating in his bathtub, as if he could hold it without it bursting.